profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Newbie help for first mirrorless camera

Hello there,I'm trying to find what Mirroless camera do you recommend

Conditions are :Has to be A sony 

Has to be the cheapest possible but mirrorless

Must do full motion video 1080P and above

has to be able to fit a microphone to it or facility to use a WIRELESS mic.

The reason is I need one to review various products for my Sony Tech reviews channel

Any suggestions please?

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @Gilgameshuk

You should probably look at the the HX400V. At under £350 it's about as cheap as they come but you should be able to do everything you need with it. 

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
madge115

have a look at the sony  a-6000  or  sony-5100 mirrorless  all the best   madge115

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Thank you ever so much

profile.country.GB.title
kenthomson

The issue with most cheaper cameras (of all brands) is that they do not have a socket to plug in a microphone, wired or wireless.

Sony makes a Bluetooth microphone that is compatible with cameras using their MI (multi interface) accessory shoe. Not sure if it's compatible with all MI cameras, but it does work with the A6000 model. The newer A6100 has a mic socket and at the MI shoe.

The BT mic system is called the ECM W1M Wireless Microphone System, can't find it on the Sony webpage right now so maybe it's discontinued. Here's a short video test of the mic - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh1w5wtJS9w

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

ah thank you

This is exactly what I wanted, as I will be presenting videos for my Sony Xperia Tech Reviews YT channel

Thank you very much for this, ill get a second hand a6000 to start off with and find this solution on Fleabay (mic)

profile.country.GB.title
kenthomson

A6000 is a solid choice, you’ll like it. Jessops are selling their ex-display models at £350 including lens -

https://www.jessops.com/p/sony/a6000-mirrorless-camera-in-black-16-50mm-power-zoom-lens-ex-display-1...

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Will be purchasing one, once lock down ends

and the wireless mic system also.

Plan on reviewing all sony products but concentrating on Xperia phones.

profile.country.GB.title
madge115

the sony a-600 is very good choice but do ask about others in the sony mirrorless range as sony has a very good range a good camera shop will put you on the right road  i wish you all the best on your selection                                        madge115

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

cheers

I am debating between A used A6000 or A6100 from Jessops (i would go directly to my Sony  Centre in Leeds however they only sell new)

I understand that the A6000 Has no in Built ois, however the 6100 does?