Join now - be part of our community!

Sharp ting sound when focusing Sony A600 w/ SEL35F18

profile.country.SE.title
Jxt.Photos
New

Sharp ting sound when focusing Sony A600 w/ SEL35F18

Hello! So i got a new lens for my Sony A6000 a while ago which is an SEL35F18 and when i was out on a photography walk i suddenly started hearing this weird sharp noise coming from the lens/camera whenever i focused. It sounds kind of like when you sharpen a knife and you get that sharp ting sound... I've asked a similar question on a Youtube video and someone thought some parts inside the lens might be out of their original place. So i just had to ask here to be sure and hopefully get more help if somethings actually wrong! Only thing i could think of is the lens either getting abit hot or just something inside is wearing out. I obviously have no idea and i'll probably embarrass myself by saying alot of things that are wrong. Anyways help would be really appreciated! (oh btw the sound only appears some times so it's not there every single time i use it).

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Jxt.Photos,

would you please record the sound (e.g. make a video with your smartphone) and upload it to YouTube (as unlisted video)?

That would make it much easier to identify the source of the sound.

- Nic

profile.country.SE.title
Jxt.Photos
New

I never actually thought of that. I'll do it right now then!

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Jxt.Photos,

thank you :slight_smile:

- Nic

profile.country.SE.title
Jxt.Photos
New

Sry. I'll actually do it tomorrow... it's not all the time that it makes that weird sound so i will try to record it tomorrow instead!

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Jxt.Photos,

ok, I'll wait.

- Nic