Join now - be part of our community!

Sony a55 firmware update

SOLVED
profile.country.fi_FI.title
Simoquasimo
Visitor

Sony a55 firmware update

Are there any news on Sony slt-a55 firmware update? What do you think should be implemented to update?

I think there are some things that need to be fixed. First in my list is: more manual controls to movie mode. We need controls to shutter speed, iso and more recording modes like 720p/60fps.

Hopefully Sony will deliver firmware update soon!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.sv_SE.title
rebirth338
Visitor

At Last :slight_smile: “Available beginning June 20th, a firmware update for existing α33 and α55 cameras adds several creative and operational enhancements. Support for the ‘Picture Effect’ function featured on the new α35 model is now offered. High-Speed Synch is supported during wireless operation with a compatible external flash (α55 only). Ergonomics are further improved with revised menus and a new mode that lets users switch shooting parameters overlaid on-screen for clear, uncluttered composition. The a33 and a55camera’s Digital Level Gauge can also be displayed when shooting via the optional CLM-V55 external LCD monitor. Frequently used features can now be custom-assigned to the D-RANGE button for rapid, menu-free access.” Source. http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/category/miscellaneous/

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.it_IT.title
spigolo
Visitor

Me too I hope for a firmware updates that enables more manual controls on the sony alpha 55 video mode!

with some additions it would be the perfect camera..

Come on Sony..!

profile.country.nl_NL.title
pahofst
Explorer

I would very much appreciate a new clock option to set the clock to the 24 hour format. I am very annoyed  with the 12 hour (AM/PM) option, which might have been adequate in the 19th century in the USA, but not anymore in a computerized world where people are travelling through time zones, physically and virtually.

Cheers,

Paul

profile.country.pl_PL.title
@9920098000012065
Visitor

I woul love a function with Grid Lines when a 3:2 format is chosen showing the 16:9 area. It would allow using 3:2 (larger size) format even though taking pictures for use with 16:9 (for TV display). This is implemented in cheap FujiFilm compact cameras and lacks in a55.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
pahofst
Explorer

Excellent idea

profile.country.it_IT.title
RAW3688
Visitor

Movie operation setting. There are many issues: camera is overheating too easily. Stop recording after only 7 minutes of continuous shooting. Too hot, too hot, too hot. It's impossible work in this mode.

Messaggio modificato da RAW3688

Messaggio modificato da RAW3688

profile.country.en_GB.title
Tester1234
Visitor

Request for variable audio level control in next firmware update?

Hope sony does do firmware update for this great camera which one them awards in 2010.

Message was edited by: Tester1234

Message was edited by: Tester1234

profile.country.sv_SE.title
rebirth338
Visitor

At Last :slight_smile: “Available beginning June 20th, a firmware update for existing α33 and α55 cameras adds several creative and operational enhancements. Support for the ‘Picture Effect’ function featured on the new α35 model is now offered. High-Speed Synch is supported during wireless operation with a compatible external flash (α55 only). Ergonomics are further improved with revised menus and a new mode that lets users switch shooting parameters overlaid on-screen for clear, uncluttered composition. The a33 and a55camera’s Digital Level Gauge can also be displayed when shooting via the optional CLM-V55 external LCD monitor. Frequently used features can now be custom-assigned to the D-RANGE button for rapid, menu-free access.” Source. http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/category/miscellaneous/

profile.country.en_GB.title
Tester1234
Visitor

Sony still need to deliver firmware update for the A55 that includes control over the audio level.

suggestions are:

1) Manual/automatic level control option

2) Audio metering

3) Audio attenuation switch  -5dB, -10dB

Comments?