Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-GW55 USB communication failure with Win XP SP3 pc

SOLVED
profile.country.hu_HU.title
HDR-GW55
Visitor

HDR-GW55 USB communication failure with Win XP SP3 pc

My new HDR-GW55E is not reckognised by my PC (Win XP - SP3 - updated). Whereas it can work with my laptop (Win 7) Any suggestion nhow I can let the pc and the camera communicate? (I tried to go through all the setup option without success)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Have you tried connecting the camcorder to a different USB socket on the XP machine?

Simon

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

have you installed the playmemories lite software which is integrated in the GW55?

Note that you have to set the USB LUN settings (on the camcorder) to Multi in order to be able to install the PlayMemories software.

HDR-GW55
Visitor

Thanks,

I was unable to upload the app. (Playmemories) to my PC as there was no com. via usb. I tried to download and instalit from Sony website, but for comleting the installation the system required the camcorder again - so failed this way too. My PC says that the usb device cannot be reckognised - nevertheless no popup for driver update by Win...

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello HDR-GW55 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

On the XP computer, is the XP installation a 32-bit or a 64-bit operating system? The reason that I ask is that I am aware of occasional issues with 64-bit systems. Is the Windows 7 system 32-bit?

Thanks,

Simon

HDR-GW55
Visitor

Hi Simon,

"unfortunately" there is a 32 bit XP OS. on that PC. Interesting that the system does not offer any action/solution.

thanks

Janos

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Have you tried connecting the camcorder to a different USB socket on the XP machine?

Simon

HDR-GW55
Visitor

Thanks Simon,

your hint was perfect!

have a pleasant Easter

Janos

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again Janos :slight_smile:

Glad that worked for you - USB ports are a mystery sometimes!

Simon