Join now - be part of our community!

Sony AX53 - Are there plans to fix the focusing problem which the last Firmware update has caused ?

profile.country.GB.title
Northern_Lights

Sony AX53 - Are there plans to fix the focusing problem which the last Firmware update has caused ?

With the last firmware update resolving the vibration when mounted on a tripod, is there anything going to be done about the focusing ring that this update has caused ? 

You have to turn the focusing ring about 7 times times just to change from one subject in the frame to another.  I have read complaints from people on Youtube comments and other forums that this happened when the firmware was updated, and prior to that it didn't require so many turns of the ring.  The update has rendered the focus ring unusable if you want to focus within 4 or 5 seconds in case something moves.  And it is such a wrist breaker having to keep on turning.

My camera came with the firmware already updated, but I tried the differential focusing

a few days ago and it's almost useless.

Just yesterday I had my subject filling most of the frame but the Autofocus wanted to focus on the background subject. I realized I would have to set the front ring to be used for manual Focusing.  But it was virtualy unusable.

3 REPLIES 3
sarahward
Explorer

Yes.  PLEASE  FIX  THIS.

the focus ring is far too fine when using it for manual focussing.

Love to see this work better in 1.03 release.

profile.country.GB.title
MyerPj
Explorer

Thanks for including the firmware number for fixing, ie: Can't tell if the OP was referring to .01 or .02

profile.country.GB.title
Northern_Lights

Hello,   I was the original poster.  My Sony AX53 was using Firmware 1.01  .  But I don't believe the issue has been resolved yet.

I had also found out that others were having the same problem.  And that in the previous firmware 1.0 there was no problem with the focusing ring.

Here is one of the web pages it talks of someone else having the problem with this :  https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/57872451