Join now - be part of our community!

Sony FDR AX53 making rattling noise while shaken when turned off.

SOLVED
profile.country.SE.title
MartinRockstrom
Explorer

Sony FDR AX53 making rattling noise while shaken when turned off.

• Soooo,

Ever since i got my AX53 back in November last year, I’ve always noted something that seems a little weird. When I shake the camcorder from side to side when it’s turned off, it makes a rattling noise. I’m 100% sure that it’s the lens making the sound, because I can feel slight bumps from the front-part of the camera when I shake it. Is it normal that the lens moves when the camera is turned off? If you have a Sony FDR AX53, I would really appreciate if you could shake the camcorder when it’s turned off. And if it does move & make noise, let me know! :grin:

/Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
DrBob.
Explorer

I believe, the documentation that came with the camera says that this is normal.

Although I don't think it's normal to shake a camera,  I thought you're supposed to hold them steady 😉

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Is the SteadyShot "released":

A rattling noise is heard when this product is shaken.

Manolo

profile.country.SE.title
MartinRockstrom
Explorer

Yes. It like shakes a split second when I turn off the camera (flip the screen) letting me know that the lens is fixated in the middle, which means that the stabilization is turned off. Even if I turn off the stabilization, the same thing happenes.

profile.country.GB.title
DrBob.
Explorer

I believe, the documentation that came with the camera says that this is normal.

Although I don't think it's normal to shake a camera,  I thought you're supposed to hold them steady 😉