Join now - be part of our community!

Download video to PC problem DSC-HX1 / XP

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
hoddyimpex
Visitor

Download video to PC problem DSC-HX1 / XP

I have a 2 ys old DSC-HX1 and all has been fine until today when I have the following problem,

I need to get an answer prior to deciding on the need to repair or not,

Problem

I can see and download Stills to PC using The PMB 4.2.11 software. However, I am now unable to see or download Video shote that are definately on the camera.

On pressing On button of the camera, Sony Digital Camera box is displayed. I have the option to use a variety of scanning apps and decided to use

MP Navigator version EX 1.0

I get a message that reads

The scanner Driver supported by this software is not installed.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times and each time all apps items are correctly installed

I use a CanonScan 880F which is compatable.

Cpmputer OS is XP and fully updated

Can someone indicate a possible solution to this problem.

John

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Full name removed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi John, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This is most likely a computer software issue, so I doubt very much whether a repair is required.

It may be that your updates to XP have resulted in a conflict with PMB. Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit?

PMB has now been superceded by PlayMenories Home. If you're using the 32-bit OS you can download PlayMemories home here.

Another solution may be to use an external card reader.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mick2011
New

Hi John, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This is most likely a computer software issue, so I doubt very much whether a repair is required.

It may be that your updates to XP have resulted in a conflict with PMB. Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit?

PMB has now been superceded by PlayMenories Home. If you're using the 32-bit OS you can download PlayMemories home here.

Another solution may be to use an external card reader.

Cheers

Mick