Join now - be part of our community!

Live View RM-LVR1 compatibility with DSC-WX350

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
cuhullainn1
Explorer

Live View RM-LVR1 compatibility with DSC-WX350

According to compatibility charts, the DSC-WX350 is (partialy) compatible with the RM-LVR1 (Ver 2.00 firmware).

20180321_092639.jpgIn fact, I am able to get some sort of wireless connection, the Remote does recognize the camera but on the camera I get a "DMR incompatibility error" when attempting to transfer image!

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Paddy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @cuhullainn1,

the Action Cams are made for multi-control, yet I am quite certain (just an assumption) most other (partially compatible) Sony cameras which rely on the same standard for streaming their live view are not.

Did you check, if the camera outputs a live view at all? You can verify that with a smartphone and the PlayMemories mobile app.

Maybe you can't even get a live view out of your particular camera, but can shoot an image from a distance for example.

Sadly there is no list of which features each camera supports when using a LV-remote.

Which mode is your camera in if I may ask? Maybe you have to set the mode selection wheel to "video" or another specific mode to enable live view.

- Nic

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @cuhullainn1,

the remote doesn't have any storage inside, so you can't transfer images to it.

You can only transfer images to your smartphone if you connect it to the camera using the PlayMemories Mobile App.

What the compatibility chart means is, that you can control the cameras functions with the remote.

- Nic

profile.country.IE.title
cuhullainn1
Explorer

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the reply!

I was not trying to save any image, only to see on the remote what the camera was seeing and then decide when to "shoot" a photo. 

The compatibility chart (see: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=1409 ) does stipulate Live View display!It is confusing!

Cheers

Paddy

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @cuhullainn1,

I see, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Why do you run the remote in "multi-mode" though (the icon on the remotes display showing the 3 cameras indicates that)? Simply connect the camera to the cameras Wifi HotSpot instead of doing it the other way round.

I suspect it doesn't allow live view in "multi-mode", only in "single mode".

- Nic

profile.country.IE.title
cuhullainn1
Explorer

Hi Nic,

Well I did try at first but I got from the camera side an error message such "Could not authenticate the connection"

Tried many time, no success. 

I change to the "3 camera" mode, just monkey around the settings then I got a connection! However, under this setting, the blue light(recording) of the remote comes on!

There is a video ( https://youtu.be/vmOoZdWvbGs ) which explain the connection for the sony Action cam ( which I have) which explain the set up but I don't seems to have the same "pairing" action with the DSC-WS350.

Frustration!!!

Cheers!

Paddy

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @cuhullainn1,

the Action Cams are made for multi-control, yet I am quite certain (just an assumption) most other (partially compatible) Sony cameras which rely on the same standard for streaming their live view are not.

Did you check, if the camera outputs a live view at all? You can verify that with a smartphone and the PlayMemories mobile app.

Maybe you can't even get a live view out of your particular camera, but can shoot an image from a distance for example.

Sadly there is no list of which features each camera supports when using a LV-remote.

Which mode is your camera in if I may ask? Maybe you have to set the mode selection wheel to "video" or another specific mode to enable live view.

- Nic

profile.country.IE.title
cuhullainn1
Explorer

Hi Nic,

Yes I can have the live view on my smartphone and shoot from the phone, no problemo on that side!

I just thought of using the RM-LVR1 that I had with my action cam ( used for my snorkelling antics!!).

I used the wireless setting "View on TV" for the remote viewer.

Maybe on of these days, there will be a firmware update for the remote viewer!

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Paddy