Join now - be part of our community!

problem with recording in AVCHD format

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
snj202003
Visitor

problem with recording in AVCHD format

I have a new DSC-WX7 camera. Though the option of AVCHD recording is avaialble in this model I cannot get to record movies in AVCHD format - when I select the movie icon on the wheel with this format - I get "Movie with different video signal format from this device recorded. Recording is unavalable in this movie format". The problem started recently. However when I  change the format to MP4,  it does record movie properly.  I want record in AVCHD format. Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello snj202003 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I can appreciate that this error message doesn't exactly give you many clues about the actual problem! In the past, I have seen a few people have this issue when trying to record AVCHD and for them, the problem has been solved by reformatting the memory card (if you have used this memory card in another camera in the past, that may be causing this error message to come up). For the DSC-WX7, the card can be formatted by going to the following menu:

MENU --> SETTINGS --> MEMORY CARD TOOL --> FORMAT --> OK

There is more information about this, as well as all of the other functions of the camera available in the online user guide which you can read here:

http://esupport.sony.com/docs/dvimag/DSCWX7-WX9_guide/eng/contents/08/04/01/01.html

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello snj202003 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I can appreciate that this error message doesn't exactly give you many clues about the actual problem! In the past, I have seen a few people have this issue when trying to record AVCHD and for them, the problem has been solved by reformatting the memory card (if you have used this memory card in another camera in the past, that may be causing this error message to come up). For the DSC-WX7, the card can be formatted by going to the following menu:

MENU --> SETTINGS --> MEMORY CARD TOOL --> FORMAT --> OK

There is more information about this, as well as all of the other functions of the camera available in the online user guide which you can read here:

http://esupport.sony.com/docs/dvimag/DSCWX7-WX9_guide/eng/contents/08/04/01/01.html

Thanks,

Simon

snj202003
Visitor

Dear Simon

Thanks for your help.  Formatting the card solved my problem. Now I can shoot in AVCHD. Thanks once again

Sanjay

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

That's great news - glad you got it sorted out.

Simon