Join now - be part of our community!

Do I need to de authorise a dead device

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
afirvin
New

Do I need to de authorise a dead device

My PRS-T1 has died. I had a number of books unread and purchased DRM protected books on the device which I'd like to transfer to a new device. The epub files backed up on my PC hard drive.

Can I de-authorise the PRS-T1 to allow me to transfer to the maximum number of other devices and if so how can I do it? Do I need to do somethig with Adobe digital editions?

Thanks

Alan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

It's impossible de-authorize (by yourself) a dead device!!!

If you need this authorization for another device, you have to contact Adobe.com, in order to reset the number of authorizations. There is nothing to do with ADE, in this case.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/account-password-sign-faq.html

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
carpetmojo

If you've got them in your normal download files, you can just use it as a library, certainly via Calibre, for example.

And if the T1's died, you won't be able to do anything with it anyway .....

If they're in ADE you can transfer them to a maximum of, I think it's 6 devices. Simply register the new reader, presuming it's a Sony.

Don't know if you need to do anything re: the defunct/expired/deceased device .... :slight_frown:

R.I.P.

profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

It's impossible de-authorize (by yourself) a dead device!!!

If you need this authorization for another device, you have to contact Adobe.com, in order to reset the number of authorizations. There is nothing to do with ADE, in this case.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/account-password-sign-faq.html

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
afirvin
New

Thanks for the response. The PRS-T1 screen failed after 18 months! I now have my books on a Kobo. I have been in touch with Adobe Digital Editions who told me I can place books on more devices than I first thought. So apart from my disappointment with Sony everything has worked out OK.