Join now - be part of our community!

Reader For PC Has Stopped Working (Sony PRS-T1)

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
BBC-Man
New

Reader For PC Has Stopped Working (Sony PRS-T1)

Hi can anyone help.  I was Syncing my PRS-T1 with my laptop running Windows 7 when the Reader for PC Software crashed on my laptop.  Now whenever I start Reader For PC it trys to start but then says "Reader for PC has stopped working" it then searches to see if it can find a cure it says "Reader for PC has stopped working,.  A problem caaused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.  The only thing I can do then is click on the Close program button which terminates the program..  I have tried repairing it, reinstalling it.  I also uninstalled it, switched off my laptop, left it for a few minutes switched it on  then re-installed it all with no luck.  The Reader program crashes wether or not I have the PRS-T1 connected.  Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone give me help it getting the PC Reader program working again. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
BBC-Man
New

Hi piedwagtail91.  I havn't had any success in fixing it.  I also PM'd StartTheCar - Lee Shorney, as recommend by carpetmojo but no response.  Therefore I decided to re-install Windows 7 and start from scratch.  A bit drastic I know but anyway, low and behold it now works.  So will see how long it lasts.

Anyone else encountered this problem?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

Hello there BBC-Man  -  can I suggest you send a PM to  StartTheCar - Lee Shorney, who is a Head Honcho at Sony Support, and has always been very helpful to those I have passed on to him, with problems beyond my tech skills !

I don't have his email to hand, but he is officially in charge of the Forum from Sony's side, as it were, so his profile may have it.

Hope this helps, it is definitely way beyond me !.

profile.country.GB.title
BBC-Man
New

Hell carpetmojo.  Thanks for the link have sent him a PM so will post the reply on here if he is able to help.  Thanks again.

nimbystripes
Visitor

I guess I have to same this name in case I encounter any problem on my end. Thanks for sharing. I just hope he doesn't mind with that.

piedwagtail91
Visitor

same problem with me. software worked fine first time then has crashed every time since. i'd like to use it but it's not worth the hassle when i can drag and drop.

if you do get a  reply i'd be very interested!

profile.country.GB.title
BBC-Man
New

Hi piedwagtail91.  I havn't had any success in fixing it.  I also PM'd StartTheCar - Lee Shorney, as recommend by carpetmojo but no response.  Therefore I decided to re-install Windows 7 and start from scratch.  A bit drastic I know but anyway, low and behold it now works.  So will see how long it lasts.

Anyone else encountered this problem?

missymo
New

Hi, we had the same problem. It worked the first time and then it crashed and never came back. We've reinstalled and now put the updated version but it still doesn't work. Very annoying....

It doesn't open it only gives the following message "Microsoft Visual C + + Runtime Library".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

carpetmojo

You lot think you got problems .... just install Win 8 and see how you get on .....

Not so much readery-wise, but it's a real pain in the fundament, frankly, wish I'd never been tempted by the offer made me with my new PC - totally counter-intuitive,  and junk....

And I know they're supposed to be doing summat about it, but, well ................ :slight_frown: