Join now - be part of our community!

Synchronise PRS-T1 with Overdrive

profile.country.en_GB.title
dakebusi
New

Synchronise PRS-T1 with Overdrive

I have a PRS-T1 that I use to read ebooks from Overdrive. I also read the same books with my Android SmartPhone.

Is there a way of synchronising both devices so that when I start reading with one of them, it resumes the book in the last page I read (in any of my devices)?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi "dakebusi"   :slight_smile:

PRS-T1 has an Android “close” OS. That means, it’s not possible (normally and without rooting) add apps on reader. Without a specific app, PRS-T1 can synchronize contents with one PC and/or, more than one Sony reader devices via ReaderforPC(Mac) software.

In this way you can synchronize not only ebooks, but even Annotations (Notes, bookmarks, etc) between more devices. On one device the ebook won’t open directly on the same page, that it was closed on the other device, but, will have the same bookmarks. And if you have made a bookmark on last page, after synchronizing two readers, you just have to open ebook even on second reader and select last bookmark.

This, I know, happens with normal use of PRS-T1.

But there are other cases, that I don’t know the results, like:

- PRS-T2 and use “Evernote”

- PRS-T1 “rooted”

- Use another software (like Calibre) and not ReaderforPC(Mac)

- Pubblic Libraries and Google Books (if they synchronised even bookmarks?)

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
profile.country.en_GB.title
dakebusi
New

Thanks for the answer Jan2011.

It's really a pitty that the syncing cannot be done automatically. Instead of going through all the hassle of connecting my PRS-T1 to the PC to synchronise everything, it will probably much faster to write down the page number I last read and then navigate to it when I open the book with my other device!

Cheers!

profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi  :slight_smile:

I’m really sorry, but this all I know about the “item”, because it’s something that I don’t need, so….

(It’s not only the last page’s number, but even all Annotations of all e-books…)

I heard that somebody makes something like “synchronization via Web” with Calibre and on Cloud.

They said that they could synchronize more type of devices (PC, reader, tablets, etc) with a personal library on cloud, via Calibre. I don’t know if it’s possible and how, and even how they solve the problem with Adobe DRM (I think Calibre can’t use protected e-books)

Cheers...

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)