Join now - be part of our community!

Fails to sign in to community site

profile.country.GB.title
sixbyfour

Fails to sign in to community site

I signed up for the community site last week and uploaded a few images. Logged in and out a few times with no problems. Now when I click the Sign In button nothing happens (many attempts over the past few days). It doesn't bring up the Captcha squares, nor does it give an error message and it doesn't sign me in. I've cleared my cache and disabled my ad/popup blocker but it's made no difference. I've only managed to log in to post this by opening up an incognito window and signing in there (Chrome, Windows 10).

Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @sixbyfour,

that happens from time to time. Sometimes you can resolve it by clearing the cache but I ususally use the same workaround you used - signing in via an incognito window.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
sixbyfour

Thanks for that. Not a problem I've had with any other site and I imagine I won't be visiting as much as I'd previously thought in that case. 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I experience this everyday, multiple times a day if I don't post anything in hours or check other posts. Is the issue w/ our browsers/computers or the forum itself?

@IamNic 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Uliwooly,

weird, I log in two to ten times each day with Google Chrome and experience this issue around once in two weeks - which browser/operating system are you using?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@IamNic 

MacOS 15.5.5

Chrome 83.0.4103.61 

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Same thing here, sometimes not even incognito can save the day, need to clear cookies and site data... Not nice. I'm using either android or windows 10.

alexdon
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Peter_S.,

are you aware of any issues here?

- Nic

profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Nope, there are currently no issues.

Please try to delete your cookies if you fail to log-in.

Sometimes the MySony session cookies are not working if you switch between different language sites.

profile.country.GB.title
sixbyfour

I'm not sure you can say there are 'no issues' and then say sometimes the MySony session cookies don't work properly under certain circumstances - isn't that an 'issue'? It might not be a high priority, but I don't have these login failures on any other sites, so it should at least be on a list of things to fix.