Join now - be part of our community!

HT-CT370 Set up for ps3 and other equipment

SOLVED
ahoang8
Explorer

HT-CT370 Set up for ps3 and other equipment

I bought this system about a week ago and I love it but I do not know how to set up my ps3 and other equipment so sound comes from the system but I still have visuals on tv. It says I can connect the ps3 directly into the sound bar but where would the visuals come from because I would be using the ps3 hdmi port to connect the sound bar leaving me no connection to tv. The manual isn't very helpful and hopefully someone can guide me.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes you can connect your PS3 to the CT370 soundbar.  To set it up, you connect it as follows:

1. Connect a HDMI cable from the CT370 - HDMI OUT (ARC) port, to the TVs HDMI ARC port.  Assuming your TV has a HDMI ARC Port (if not, you also need to connect an optical cable between the two).
  2. Connect a HDMI cable from the PS3 to the CT370 soundbar.

HDMI Cables support both Audio and Video, therefore both audio and video goes into the soundbar, the audio out outputted, whilst the video is transferred to the TV via the HDMI connection to the TV.

See Diagram:

CT370.jpg

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Hard to recommend a particular cable.  What you are looking for is a cable that conforms with the HDMI 1.4 specs and preferrably 'shielded'.

For me personally, I have a heap of these (out of about 1 dozen, I have only had one failure):

www.amazon.co.uk/PRO-GOLD-1-4a-HDMI-Version/dp/B002U38E9O/

Cheers

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes you can connect your PS3 to the CT370 soundbar.  To set it up, you connect it as follows:

1. Connect a HDMI cable from the CT370 - HDMI OUT (ARC) port, to the TVs HDMI ARC port.  Assuming your TV has a HDMI ARC Port (if not, you also need to connect an optical cable between the two).
  2. Connect a HDMI cable from the PS3 to the CT370 soundbar.

HDMI Cables support both Audio and Video, therefore both audio and video goes into the soundbar, the audio out outputted, whilst the video is transferred to the TV via the HDMI connection to the TV.

See Diagram:

CT370.jpg

Hope this helps.

ahoang8
Explorer

Ok that makes much more sense. Thank you very much for the clear concise quick answer. Very helpful

ahoang8
Explorer

But since everything is connected to the sound bar with video transferred to tv, how would I know what channel to select to display it accordingly?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

On the TV, you select whichever HDMI channel that you have connected the soundbar to (ie HDMI 1-ARC). 

On the Soundbar, you press the 'input' button on the soundbar or remote control repeatedly until you cycle through to the correct source the device is connected to.

Input.jpg

Hopefully this makes more sense?

Cheers

ahoang8
Explorer

So say I have ps3 connected to hdmi 1 and a sky box connected to hdmi 2, if I change the input to hdmi 2, it will display both sound and video for the sky box?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep.  :slight_smile:

In relation to your scenario, If the PS3 is connect to the HDMI 1 port on the CT370 AND you select the HDMI 1 input, the sound will be outputted via the soundbar, and the video will be fed up and displayed onto the TV (using the HDMI connection between the two).

Flicking to the HDMI 2 input on the Soundbar, the Sky box should then do the same (ie sound via soundbar, and video to the TV)

Hope this explains things a little better

Cheers

ahoang8
Explorer

Yes it makes much more sense. Thanks very much. Also while we're on the subject, what kind of hdmi cable would you recommend for connection between the ct370 and the KDL50W8?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Hard to recommend a particular cable.  What you are looking for is a cable that conforms with the HDMI 1.4 specs and preferrably 'shielded'.

For me personally, I have a heap of these (out of about 1 dozen, I have only had one failure):

www.amazon.co.uk/PRO-GOLD-1-4a-HDMI-Version/dp/B002U38E9O/

Cheers

ahoang8
Explorer

Thanks, sounds like a good one to me. You've been a very helpful expert. Look forward to asking for help from you again.