Join now - be part of our community!

Vtuner not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Vtuner not working

Hi

I have not been able to access vtuner since Friday 5th September, I reported it to sony yesterday and the reply was "Unfortunately, our systems are currently down for maintenance and will be up and running within 24 hours, Please feel free to contact us again at that time.". 

Has anyone else not been able to access vtuner for 4days, it seems that being reliant on just one internet radio supplier may be like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Having not had the internet radio service for 4 days I feel this is unacceptable, does anyone feel the same?

304 REPLIES 304
profile.country.ru_KZ.title
baz201
Explorer

Perhaps a complaint or a class action needs to be taken up with an Ombusdman or consumer rights section of the Citizens Advice Bureau

https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e.htm

scorpionfloyd

Got this useless response from sony uk support!
Some Box standard response
Anyone got it working?
Dear Mr Krishnan

Thank you for contacting Sony Support.

We are sorry to learn about the issue you have been encountering with your CMT-G2BNIP, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you might have had.

In an effort to be of some assistance, please follow the steps below:

1- Please make sure that there is an internet connection and the device can connect to/ stream other services.

2- Kindly Refresh Server List. (please check the steps in the below manual page 39)

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4299598141.pdf

3- Please restore the device back to the factory defaults. (please check the steps in the below manual page 66)

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4299598141.pdf

I hope that this information has been helpful. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this e-mail or contact us via the numbers below.

Yours sincerely
Samar

Sony Customer Support
Sony Europe Limited
richardc79

Exactly the same issue here! I am also from the Netherlands and own a CMT-MX700Ni.

Vtuner is not functioning for over a week now. I've had the same reply of Sony NL but it seems to me that they are not able to fix this issue. I bought this device because of the vTuner option.

Because i am still in warranty (device is less then 2 years old) i am seriously considering of returning the device, so i am able to buy another product from another brand with several internet radio options.

As far as i can see only Sony devices in at least whole europe has problems with Vtuner...

So 700 and the newer 750ni are probably also not working this moment. 

konradpra
Explorer

I can confirm that CMT-MX 750NI doesn't work.

I have 3 units, which are not able to perform the most important function, and the only one I really paid for.

This is rediculous. There must be a way to escalate this problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI konradpra

The problem has been escalated - Its a world-wide issue and its in Sony Japan's hands at this moment.  Even though the announcement on Sony's support page does not list all models affected, Sony is well aware of the issue.

I am hoping for an update tomorrow.

Cheers

profile.country.DE.title
mypointofview

Same here in Paris, France with a CMT-G2NiP. It began with a "Cannot Connect" message that I noticed first last Saturday morning (September 7, 2014) and now it just says "Not Available". It's been a week now. I'm glad I'm not alone, but hope that this will be fixed soon.

As another user wrote, before I got the Sony radio I too was at first toying with the idea of using an iPhone and investing in a Bose speaker. I settled for the CMT-G2NiP thinking that I have a stand-alone system that I can just turn on and it would "just work" - oh boy.

I haven't given up on Sony yet, but since their Sony Store here in Paris had to close I'm just crossing my fingers. Will they ever learn from Apple... regarding a global user ID, global warranty, global quality?

Heart

richardc79

If this is a world-wide problem i am very suprised it is taking so long before there is any kind of solution.

With all respect the support of Sony in this particular case is very disappointing.

The information is minimal and it is now offline for more then a week!

I also seriously doubt that the escalation is taken serious enough in Japan....

RLWilhelm
Explorer

FYI, I got a reply back from an email I sent Sony Germany, they are blaiming vTuner, see text below. I hope they stop the finger pointing and fix the issue. I am increasingly disappointed in Sony.

thank you for contacting Sony Support.

Unfortunately, Sony does not provide the vTuner service and has no influence on the solution of the technical issue vTuner is currently experiencing. We already contacted them and are waiting for the service to be activated again.

Thank you for your patience.

Should you need further assistance you can answer this mail or call the number below.

Kind regards,

scorpionfloyd

Conflicting response from Sony Europe.. Some engineers working !!! no dates yet -=---------------- Dear Mr Krishnan Thank you for your reply, we apologize for the inconvenience. In regards to your enquiry, please note that the internet radio server is currently offline and the engineer are doing their best in order to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email. Thank you for your enquiry. Yours Sincerely, Mostafa Sony Customer Support Sony Europe Limited
profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Too many different responses but nothing specific. Smells of cover up!