Join now - be part of our community!

Adobe Flashplater download.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
johndaniels1
Visitor

Adobe Flashplater download.

ITV Player says I need Adobe Flashplayer to watch programmes. Any idea how I can download to a sony BDP-S480?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi johndaniels1 and welcome.

The web browser available in all Bravia TVs and all Blu-Ray players does not support Flash.  This means you cannot use the web browser to display any Flash content.

You can only watch online Flash content on your S480 if there is an App in the Bravia Internet Video menus - there is an App for iPlayer and other supported content available there.

If the content is not yet supported, as is the case with ITV Player, it is not possible to access it.

I believe Sony are in discussions to try and get this content included - but don't hold your breath.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi johndaniels1 and welcome.

The web browser available in all Bravia TVs and all Blu-Ray players does not support Flash.  This means you cannot use the web browser to display any Flash content.

You can only watch online Flash content on your S480 if there is an App in the Bravia Internet Video menus - there is an App for iPlayer and other supported content available there.

If the content is not yet supported, as is the case with ITV Player, it is not possible to access it.

I believe Sony are in discussions to try and get this content included - but don't hold your breath.

:thinking:

cobra2351
New

thanks for the info on Adobe, wish I had been advised prior to purchasing my Bravia, wont make that mistake again !

I had heard that ITV had given the iplayer rigths to another TV manufacturer thats why Sony dont have it?