Join now - be part of our community!

After Sony Boot Logo No Screen

profile.country.en_GB.title
tholmewood
Visitor

After Sony Boot Logo No Screen

I have tried the box on two TV's and a monitor and the box will show the Sony boot screen and then as it would normally go onto to the next stage in the android loading it just gos blank and all displays state cable disconnected.

This sucks. Any one got any ideas? Can you do a factory reset withought a gui like a hard factory reset?

Please help or I am sending this unit back and sticking with my revue.

11 REPLIES 11
gofrost

there is a connect button underneath the device i have'nt tried but this might reset box the power cable has to be quite firmly pushed in as it can fall out

tholmewood
Visitor

Tried that it just resets the box and again Sony boot loader screen and again nothing. I see the Sony bootloader screen so it cannot be the cable.

gofrost

do you just see the sony logo and then the google tv or just sony  is the device connected directly to the tv ?

Message was edited by: gofrost

austingrd
Visitor

Hi. What' the firmware version here? Just to make sure, we need to have this to be the latest. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

gofrost

the latest for mine is 20120628

tholmewood
Visitor

As stated I can see just the Sony boot screen at the beginning then blank and the TV will say check signal. I have no idea what firmware I have as I do not get any further (at least visually) than the Sony screen. Device on light is still on however because there are moomoving parts its impossible to ascertain if the unit is still active but not displaying visuals or it is just dead.

I at first thought it might be that the unit is defaulting to a resolution outside of the range of my TV but I have tried on 1080p + Monitor and still the same result. I fear the unit is dead.

This thing is straight out the box and has not worked from day one.

siddys
Visitor

This may be irelevent but here goes;

I have a Logitech Revue Google TV box and have had and still occasionally have the same issue; in that the box boots I see the splash screen , then it goes to no signal input?

To this day I have not figured it out, I too thought it may be something to do with it being a US box with NTSC support and we in the UK are on Pal?

Anyhow the only way I have randomly solved the problem is by pressing and holding the reset button numerous time and leaving the box running for a while (few hours) , then if I turn  it of and back on after the wait it starts correctly ? (The reset button on the Revue does a factory reset if hed in for 30 seconds)

I appreciate this is not the same box, but it seems suspicious when they are both running the same OS?

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

looks like a hardware failure - something inside the box not correct
- i would contact your seller and have it replaced. This happened 'straight out the box' and there is a special clause for this type of incident and they will be quick to swap it.

wiliggi
Visitor

I have the same problem. I switch the box on get the Sony logo... a piece of music .... then nothing ... a blank screen. I have tried rebooting, switching on and off and leaving on ...still the same routine...logo...music .. blank screen. I have an HD Pioneer plasma tv and connecting via HDMI.

Can anybody help with an explanation plaese.