Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S300 update file

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

BDP-S300 update file

Hi,

i decided to download the update for my old BDP-S300 player which now resides in the bedroom and have downloaded the file 5 TIMES now and each and every time when i go into properties it shows the file as 50.4mb instead of 50.1 which is no good, i have never had a problem with this before until now.

anyone know how to get this right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

this is ******* me off now, further attempts at this still gives me a file 50.4mb !, beginning to think its a fault of Sony's, i've cleared the cache, everything the instructions tell me and its still the same.

Edited - profanity

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Bravia55HX

this is ******* me off now, further attempts at this still gives me a file 50.4mb !, beginning to think its a fault of Sony's, i've cleared the cache, everything the instructions tell me and its still the same.

Edited - profanity

Bravia55HX

ok, so who marked this a correct answer?, and what part of it is?, if its a Sony issue is it going to be corrected?, i have tried this one more time and the file is still the wrong size, i know its an old player but the support should still be there for this, or should it!

Bravia55HX

STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

Can't check at the moment, but you downloading directly to your s300 are you able to download the file to your HDD & burning to disc..:smileyconfused:

Bravia55HX

Hi Thalamus,

you cannot download directly to the s300, the update file has to be downloaded preferably to your desktop then burned to a cd, the problem here is the file downloaded is meant to be 50.1mb but instead its actually 50.4mb and since its the wrong size Sony does not recommend it to be burned to a disc, this would foul up the player.

instead they recommend you clear the cache delete the file and re download it again.

i have done this many times now and its still the same which leads me to conclude there is actually something wrong with the file itself, i just need Sony to confirm and correct either way so i may update the player, as it may be the last update available for this.

thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I'll see what I can find out for you but it may be difficult as I'm away & only on my mobile, hence my original post..

However I'll do what I can, could you post file name, date & any other info that may be useful please..:smileyhappy:

Bravia55HX

Thalamus,

the update file is the one on their support page, where it says update now, which then sends you to the disclaimer which you tick then download the file, its this file thats the wrong size once extracted.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/BDP-S300

Catmambo
Contributor

Hiya

I'll make you a deal :slight_smile: Give it a go with the file you have downloaded following the instructions as you would. If it works, everyone is happy. If it messes up and corrupts the device, we'll resolve at our expense..Sound fair?

Thanks

Bravia55HX

Catmambo,

do you want to put that in writing!, lol, well what can i say, ok i will try it however against my better judgement.

i will try it a bit later after i've sorted a few things out and will report back.

thanks guys.