Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S300 update file

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

BDP-S300 update file

Hi,

i decided to download the update for my old BDP-S300 player which now resides in the bedroom and have downloaded the file 5 TIMES now and each and every time when i go into properties it shows the file as 50.4mb instead of 50.1 which is no good, i have never had a problem with this before until now.

anyone know how to get this right?

14 REPLIES 14
Catmambo
Contributor

Hey - I'm good for it! No need to snapshot the screen :wink:

In fairness, it may simply be a typo on the website as I'm sure many other people have downloaded it, just never bother to check the file size. But we sure would have heard about it, if it were bricking machines everywhere.. You are of course good to be cautious, and thankfully now with firmware downloaded diect to device this is far less of an issue..

thanks

Bravia55HX

Catmambo,

still not convinced of that, and it cannot be a typo error as the downloaded file in properties is showing the wrong size and its because of that Sony say delete it and download it again, you dont make technicle assumptions like that if they are not accurate, im still paranoid about doing it.

Bravia55HX

Catmambo,

well what can i say.......... it worked!! version 5.90 it took a while but got there in the end, so thank you and i should add that was a gamble in your favour!

bit late in the day to ask but, i forgot how slow this player is to load, you could easily make a coffee and a sarnie waiting for the disc to load (BluRay) Is there any way by firmware this can be speeded up or is this a trait of earlier players? could it be the earlier ROM's not up to speed of newer ones?, i'm not overly worried as i could always treat myself to another later model and retire it with the 570 im using now (if there's a better one!

thanks again guys!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Bravia55HX923 wrote:

Catmambo,

well what can i say.......... it worked!! version 5.90 it took a while but got there in the end, so thank you and i should add that was a gamble in your favour!

bit late in the day to ask but, i forgot how slow this player is to load, you could easily make a coffee and a sarnie waiting for the disc to load (BluRay) Is there any way by firmware this can be speeded up or is this a trait of earlier players? could it be the earlier ROM's not up to speed of newer ones?, i'm not overly worried as i could always treat myself to another later model and retire it with the 570 im using now (if there's a better one!

thanks again guys!

Glad to hear my call for help resulted in a favourable solution..:smileycool:

13cinema46
Explorer

Hey Catmambo, where can I get BDP-S300 update file - version 5.90 ????? Sincerely, 13cinema46