Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S760 - USB Stick; no music or video?

SOLVED

BDP-S760 - USB Stick; no music or video?

Hi people, a friend of mine has the BDP-S760, when you plug a USBStick (Fat32) into the player it adds a USB icon under the "Photo" heading; and viewing pictures work well, however it doesnt add any new icons under Music or Video, and I cannot find a way to get this to work.

I've been on the troubleshooting section and it says: "Only the photograph can be seen when connecting it with USB..." here.

What am I missing? How can we watch avi/mpeg videos via USB stick? Or would burning them to CDRom/DVDRom help?

Thanks,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Afternoon

I have had a look at the specifications of the Blu-ray player (BDP-S760), and unfortunately you are not going to like the answer.

According to the specifications  you can only play picture (jpeg) files from the USB ports.  The USB port is primarily designed to be used as a storage device for BD-Live content.

The only way you will be able to play music (MP3) files is to burn them onto a blank CD/DVD.  See page 43 of the manual 

You will not be able to play video files (AVI/MPG/MP4) at all.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and hopefully this answers your question.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Afternoon

I have had a look at the specifications of the Blu-ray player (BDP-S760), and unfortunately you are not going to like the answer.

According to the specifications  you can only play picture (jpeg) files from the USB ports.  The USB port is primarily designed to be used as a storage device for BD-Live content.

The only way you will be able to play music (MP3) files is to burn them onto a blank CD/DVD.  See page 43 of the manual 

You will not be able to play video files (AVI/MPG/MP4) at all.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and hopefully this answers your question.

Cheers.

Thanks Quinnicus, that's not great news no, the interface looks almost the same as the PS3 but the functionality is obviously nothing like the same. I just needed to know for sure, thanks for your help.