Join now - be part of our community!

CT260 - No Sound

SOLVED
Browny59
Explorer

CT260 - No Sound

Hi

Could you help. I have a CT260 Sound Bar and have just bought a Samsung Smart Tv. I have it connected via the optical cable and all settings are correct but I have no sound. Sony Support said it was not compatible.

Browny59

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Browny59
Explorer

Hooray

After trying everything and nearly throwing the sound bar in the bin. I decided to plug it into my Sky HD Box via optical cable and it worked. Quite a few grey hairs later I have success and all is working okay together.

Wendy

Sent from Windows Mail

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have moved you post to the relevent section. 

You state that all settings are correct, however can you please confirm the following settings (as you may have missed one).

1. When you connected the optical cables between the CT260 and TV, did it 'click' into place, as it should 'click'.  Ensure that its securely connected at both ends.
  2. On the CT260 - ensure that you have selected the right input.  As its optical your using, select 'Optical' by pressing the 'Input' button on the unit itself or the remote control.  You will need to repeatedly press it, until it cycles through to 'optical'.
  3. Ensure that you have not 'muted' the sound either on the CT260, turn the volume up a little.
  4. You will need to check your TV (As I don't have your model number) - Make sure that your settings on the TV state that Speakers = Audio System (or something similar like External) - and check to see if there are any optical settings in regards to outputting sound.  You may need to consult the Manual or Samsung Support.

Note: There are no settings on the CT260 to change other than the input source.  The CT260 should work fine on a Samsung TV, assuming its connected correctly and TV settings changed accordingly.

Cheers

Browny59
Explorer

Thanks for the reply.

I will check the optical cable to make sure it clicks, other than that it is all correct. The green light is on the sub woofer. I did speak with Samsung who went through all the correct settings with me.

I had it connected to a Samsung TV before I bought this one and it was fine.

Browny

Browny59
Explorer

Hi

Tried everything you suggested.... Still nothing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Damn.

Ok, lets think about this logically (also helps me think).

• CT260 works as it was connected to a previous TV (Samsung)
  • CT260 is compatible with a Samsung TV - as it was used on a previous one
  • The Settings of the CT260 and new Samsung TV have been checked and appear correct.
  • The connection between the CT260 and new Samsung TV is secure.

I can only think of 2 conclusions on this

1. The optical cable that connects the two has been broken in between the moves of the TV.  As you can probably see, the optical cables are pretty delicate and do break.  Two verify this, either replace the optical cable with a new one, or connect the CT260 back to the old Samsung TV again.  If it works, its definately not the system or cable,
  2. Possible hardware fault on the new TV in regards to the optical port - Can only test this theory by plugging something into the optical port like another sound system.

Other than that, I am out of ideas at this stage to be honest.

Cheers

Browny59
Explorer

Yes Damm

I will check the cable to see if its broken but apart from that I am stumped at this stage. Thanks for your help anyway..

I will keep trying.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please let us know how you get on anyhow as Im definately interested to know what the issue is.

Browny59
Explorer

Hooray

After trying everything and nearly throwing the sound bar in the bin. I decided to plug it into my Sky HD Box via optical cable and it worked. Quite a few grey hairs later I have success and all is working okay together.

Wendy

Sent from Windows Mail
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am glad you have managed to resolve it.  Must be a relief for you !  Thanks for posting back, always like hearing how things turn out.

Cheers