DAV-DZ280 Home Theatre

system maesage " Cannot play this CD" Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Best guess is: Hardware Fault.

Even though DVD players can both read DVDs and CDs, with the same lazer, however there are two diodes which determine what media it is.  As I understand it, the diodes simply control the frequency of the laser'.  It maybe that the DVD diode has become faulty - which is a comon fault.

You will need to contact an authorised Sony Repair Centre: HERE to get this fixed, however due to the age of the system, it may just be uneconomical to replace.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

More information is required on your part - However cleaning the disc may help.  Also see the following information.

disc2.jpg

Disc.jpg

robcla104
Explorer

Thanks for your responce. All software on both the unit and Bravia TV are set correctly. All Cable in the correct places. Everything including the radio and system messages look OK. It will even play music CD's but not DVD movies. I am fairly techy minded, but this really has me foxed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Best guess is: Hardware Fault.

Even though DVD players can both read DVDs and CDs, with the same lazer, however there are two diodes which determine what media it is.  As I understand it, the diodes simply control the frequency of the laser'.  It maybe that the DVD diode has become faulty - which is a comon fault.

You will need to contact an authorised Sony Repair Centre: HERE to get this fixed, however due to the age of the system, it may just be uneconomical to replace.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

robcla104
Explorer

Thanks for you help. Time to go shopping I think.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome.  I love shopping for gadgets and equipment - just dont like spending the money though :nauseated_face:

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/home-cinema/t/all-in-one-home-cinema-systems

Cheers