Join now - be part of our community!

DVD Recorder not receiving Freeview channles

SOLVED
Oneoff
Explorer

DVD Recorder not receiving Freeview channles

Seem to be having same problems as everyone else. I have got 2 Sony DVD freeview recorders, and both are not working. I am unable to see Freeview from either of them, although it will still play programmes I have previously recorded. I cannot record new programmes. I have tried deleting all channels, retuning, factory preset default settings etc but nothing seems to work. I contacted at800 because I thought it might have something to do with 4g I am postcode SW17 8TP) but they say 4g not operating in my area yet. Problems started Friday 19th July (may have started on the Wednesday/Thursday, but not sure because I didn't watch TV then. the person at at800 mentioned Sony had done a software update recently.

Have wasted a lot of time faffing about, nearly went out to buy 2 new machines!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi everyone,

We are sorry you are experiencing this problem. We are aware of this issue and it has been flagged to our dedicated team.

We will update you as soon as we have more.

Many thanks,

Pascale_F

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
davriddi4
New

I have the same problem in West London, what is Sony doing about this ?

pewrigh38

hold RECORDER power button for 5 seconds if its stuck in update until it switches off, quickly tap the recorder POWER button until it wakes up and says welcome

menu , easy setup , english language , autoscan , FRANCE for location, and scan for channels

it will freeze on the clock for 2 minutes or so, then may try to scan analogue, so exit out

press and hold power button on recorder and turn off

press again to wake it up

other posts on here and twitter indicate sony have passed it to tech support

freeview channels should work , menus will work, title list will work , dvd playback will work

but no epg for now so any timer recordings will be manual like on an old vcr

hope that helps

philrl1
New

My DVD recorder (RDR-HXD995) is also having this problem. It constantly shows update on the DVD recorder screen. It will do nothing else. I live in the Staffordshire area. 

pewrigh38

hold RECORDER power button for 5 seconds if its stuck in update until it switches off, quickly tap the recorder POWER button until it wakes up and says welcome

menu , easy setup , english language , autoscan , FRANCE for location, and scan for channels

it will freeze on the clock for 2 minutes or so, then may try to scan analogue, so exit out

press and hold power button on recorder and turn off

press again to wake it up

freeview channels should work , menus will work, title list will work , dvd playback will work

but no epg for now so any timer recordings will be manual like on an old vcr

hope that helps

gufahls
Explorer

I have exactly the same problem. Very frustrating. Waiting for Sony to find a fix!!! Soon!

john7719
Explorer

same here, we have 2 hxd790's and both lost their epg around 6pm last night. 0ne recorded a programme at 5pm but not at 6.30pm, which narrows the failure time down. with having two recorders and both failing we think something is wrong with the transmission rather than the sets. we have tried turning on/off and disconnectng all leads followed by a rescan both auto and manual but no joy, hence our searching on here to see if other people are having the same problem. we are in WA8 post code (north cheshire). we will keep an eye on the site for any info. 

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi everyone,

We are sorry you are experiencing this problem. We are aware of this issue and it has been flagged to our dedicated team.

We will update you as soon as we have more.

Many thanks,

Pascale_F

jcpp66
Explorer

I have a RDR-HXD995 and problems started on 18th or 19th July

Guide comes on for few seconds and disappears and cannot view freeview channels on TV

Updated to v1.24 but still the same

butterfly33
Explorer

We have the same problem with 2 Sony recorders. On Fri we set the recorder for Sherlock.The tv was off.When we looked later the 2 recording lights were still on although the programme was over.It said no broadcast. We have tried resetting all channels,but the epg came up adifferent colour with no programmes.Now the recorder is stuck with UPDATE showing.We cannot turn it off. What is going on.