Join now - be part of our community!

DVD Recorder not receiving Freeview channles

SOLVED
Oneoff
Explorer

DVD Recorder not receiving Freeview channles

Seem to be having same problems as everyone else. I have got 2 Sony DVD freeview recorders, and both are not working. I am unable to see Freeview from either of them, although it will still play programmes I have previously recorded. I cannot record new programmes. I have tried deleting all channels, retuning, factory preset default settings etc but nothing seems to work. I contacted at800 because I thought it might have something to do with 4g I am postcode SW17 8TP) but they say 4g not operating in my area yet. Problems started Friday 19th July (may have started on the Wednesday/Thursday, but not sure because I didn't watch TV then. the person at at800 mentioned Sony had done a software update recently.

Have wasted a lot of time faffing about, nearly went out to buy 2 new machines!!!!

21 REPLIES 21
jcpp66
Explorer

Tried the location as FRANCE and get the channels now but no EPG

Thanks

masimps48
Explorer

Just to say that we have a RDR-HXD970 which has given good service until yesterday around 7 pm. We now have UPDATE showing all of the time. We have tried all the usual remedies but no success. A friend in the same village has the same problem. Has a Sony update caused this?? A virus?? We are in Lincolnshire. Please advise Sony. If permanent damage has been caused, where does that leave us?
Greysurfer

I, too have this problem - started on 19/7/2013 at about 6.00 p.m. This morning having been switched off at the mains all night it got stuck in "update" mode when turned on.  Cannot access EPG (now has strange colours) for more than 5 seconds and then screen goes black. Cannot accept previously recorded material unless box is reset after being forced out of EPG.

My model is a RDR-HXD890

Greysurfer

But you can manually set to record a programme until Sony can sort the problem
gufahls
Explorer

Apparently, Sony is aware of this problem. We can only live in hope. If you put France instead of UK as your country, you can see the program's, but no EPG....
kellgilm
Explorer

This has happened to me too, HXD890 model. Solihull area. Happened some time between 8pm and 8.40pm last night (19th July). Haven't tried the France workaround yet. This has been a great product up until now, very disappointed in Sony. Please can you let us know how long you think this will take to rectify?

gufahls
Explorer

I've absolutely no idea, I'm just praying that it will be sorted soon...
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

before posting any further comments please read this thread

***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

ArcadiaSFX
Explorer

get it sorted Sony - not the best advertisment for your products!!!

gufahls
Explorer

It works now! Hurrah!