Join now - be part of our community!

DVD Recorder not receiving Freeview channles

SOLVED
Oneoff
Explorer

DVD Recorder not receiving Freeview channles

Seem to be having same problems as everyone else. I have got 2 Sony DVD freeview recorders, and both are not working. I am unable to see Freeview from either of them, although it will still play programmes I have previously recorded. I cannot record new programmes. I have tried deleting all channels, retuning, factory preset default settings etc but nothing seems to work. I contacted at800 because I thought it might have something to do with 4g I am postcode SW17 8TP) but they say 4g not operating in my area yet. Problems started Friday 19th July (may have started on the Wednesday/Thursday, but not sure because I didn't watch TV then. the person at at800 mentioned Sony had done a software update recently.

Have wasted a lot of time faffing about, nearly went out to buy 2 new machines!!!!

21 REPLIES 21
Greysurfer

Mine is also working - don't know if this is down to Sony or a third party - but whoever has sorted it they get a big thank you from me!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

before posting any further comments please read this thread

***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

I have locked this thread in a hope that we can limit the number of thread so to avoid confusion & make it easier for users to find the latest information..

UPDATE:

Hopefully the EPG is on your Sony RDR devices should now be back to normal..

I would like to thank all the Community forum members who helped in assisting others through this problem..:smileythumbsup: