Join now - be part of our community!

Htzf9 home cinema/ sound bar - low volume

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Devana36
Explorer

Htzf9 home cinema/ sound bar - low volume

We recently purchased a home cinema system along with new Sony tv, only 2 months old The sound coming through the sound bar and sub is now very low  although display says maximum.  This has already been returned to Sony for repair  as John Lewis policy is to repair before offering a refund but is still not working correctly. we have bought new cables and system has been updated . Can anyone advise on what could be wrong. Considering replacing with a different make and model .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Judds49X8505b
Explorer

I have just bought and upgraded to this from a sony CT780.I have also the KD55XF9005.I first set up and was going to return this bar as the volume was on 35/40 and it was so quiet.It wasn't as good as the CT780 as i had normaly that set on about 15 usually.Then i went thorugh all the settings,The input was the sky Q box by the way. I went through all the settings on the soundbar.The Audio section in settings then down to Advanced Auto Volume and select ON. Wow this is an awsome bar now 😉 I have it on volume 10 and loud enough on sky TV.This setting automaticaly adjusts the sound acording to input source.:-) Well done sony for implementing this as for so long we have suffered with low audio output from sky.It now sounds the same level as all my other sources and only need it on 10/12/14 max for watching TV instead of number 40/50 and it sounding rubbish.Hope this helps you guys,no need to send it back 😉 Oh and wait untill you play a dolby atmos source absolutely sublime 😉

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Devana36,

how do you have the soundbar connected? HDMI, optical?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Devana36
Explorer

We have tried both hdmi and optical but no difference.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Devana36,

have you tried to reset the soundbar by pressing "volume down" and the power button on the remote for at least 5 seconds?

You may need to pair the subwoofer again.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Devana36
Explorer

Hi we have now tried this and there is no difference. Returning to store today for replacement . 

Thanks 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Devana36,

would you mind updating this post when you have your replacement set-up?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Judds49X8505b
Explorer

I have just bought and upgraded to this from a sony CT780.I have also the KD55XF9005.I first set up and was going to return this bar as the volume was on 35/40 and it was so quiet.It wasn't as good as the CT780 as i had normaly that set on about 15 usually.Then i went thorugh all the settings,The input was the sky Q box by the way. I went through all the settings on the soundbar.The Audio section in settings then down to Advanced Auto Volume and select ON. Wow this is an awsome bar now 😉 I have it on volume 10 and loud enough on sky TV.This setting automaticaly adjusts the sound acording to input source.:-) Well done sony for implementing this as for so long we have suffered with low audio output from sky.It now sounds the same level as all my other sources and only need it on 10/12/14 max for watching TV instead of number 40/50 and it sounding rubbish.Hope this helps you guys,no need to send it back 😉 Oh and wait untill you play a dolby atmos source absolutely sublime 😉