Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8505B ARC and STR-DM 1050 AMP Modes

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
GT-IRL
Explorer

KD-55X8505B ARC and STR-DM 1050 AMP Modes

Have a sony tv with ARC succesfully going back to a Sony amp. However when i change sound modes on the amp I have to go and look at the front LCD of the amp to see what mode it is in.

Obviously when not using ARC and using a source plugged into the amp i can see the amp mode on the tv but is there a way to see the amp mode on the TV when using ARC where the TV is the source back feeding audio to the amp?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm not sure what you are looking for but you can run an app in SEN (and pin it to the home menu) to manage any setting in compatible amp connected via HDMI-ARC (including the sound mode). It should be called something like "Home theater control"  ... sorry but I don't have that TV available and I cannot recall the exact name

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm not sure what you are looking for but you can run an app in SEN (and pin it to the home menu) to manage any setting in compatible amp connected via HDMI-ARC (including the sound mode). It should be called something like "Home theater control"  ... sorry but I don't have that TV available and I cannot recall the exact name

profile.country.IE.title
GT-IRL
Explorer

If I press the up and down volume keys on the remote control I see the volume on the tv screen

If I am on xbox and change the movie mode Prologic, DTS, Stereo, etc I see the sound mode on the tv screen and on the amp lcd

I'm wondering if I am using TV as source so Netflix/youtube etc is there a way of seeing the sound mode one the screen when ARC is sending audio back to amp as at the moment I can only view this info on AMP LCD screen which is too small and too far away.
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I have less option in my setup (just a HTCT350 soundbar) with less options compared to your amp...

The TV never display by itself whatever you do on the amp (just as you said the volume value , btw multiplied by two :slight_smile: ).

Did you find and run the app that I suggested? It's not giving you the info straightaway if you change something directly on the amp, but it allows you to throw away the amp remote and see/change any setting directly on the TV