Join now - be part of our community!

Lip sync problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
simoneast
Visitor

Lip sync problems

Guys!

Sony are asking for help with the sound sync problem. There is a request for everyone with lip sync issues on the E380 and some other devices to give details:

Get on there and let them know this needs fixing!!

Cheers!

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Made thread a sticky post

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enabled the sticky function

75 REPLIES 75
oldfedup
Visitor

Five weeks ago I purchased a KDL-32EX723 3D TV.

I was disappointed with the sound. On the recommendation of the In-Store Sony Rep I purchased a HBD-E280 Blu-ray Home Theatre System + a Peerless DE-HD01 High Speed HDMI with Ethernet Cable. I specifically chose a Sony Theatre System to avoid any comapability problems !!!!

I immediately noticed a lip sync problem when playing Bluray/DVDs, they are unwatchable The sound appears before the lips move.

The TV + Theatre System + Lead have been returned to the store for investigation. I am devasted to hear from the store that this a know inherent problem to Sony, for which, according to them, there is no known fix.

Question: Why did a Sony Rep recommend something that doesn't do the job?

Will there be a fix? .. if so ...When ???

The store have offered a full refund or different manufacture.

Apart from this fault, the TV & Theatre System work fine. The speaker cables have all been laid under carpets, so very reluctant to rip it all out again.

This is the first Sony product I have purchased & if not fixed ...possibly the last.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

just to let you know that your comments above have been forwarded onto Sony for you, if I receive any feedback I'll let you know..

Anyone else have the same issue please add your details please.?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Catmambo wrote:

Hi all

Apologies for any problems you are experiencing. Let me try and get an update for you early next week so we can get it sorted as soon possible..

Thanks

I see Catmambo has offered to get an update for you all, so I'll leave you in his capable hands now..

profile.country.GB.title
dmart7
Explorer

Yes - I am having the same sound sync problem.  I bought my e380 just a few weeks ago, to complement my Sony 40EX403 TV.  I too am one of those who chose to stay with Sony for component systems thinking that same company would eliminate risks of compatibility and operation!

The e380 installed fine and updated to latest firmware.

However, sync sound is invariably out a little or a lot on most functions.  Haven't had time to be scientific and pin it down in all types of operation.  But it definitely occurs on BD disk playback and is only made worse by A/V sync adjustment.  Not sure, but it seems to worsen after an operation such fast forward or chapter jump.

Message was edited by: dmart7

Message was edited by: dmart7

oldfedup
Visitor

Hello Catmambo, Re:- Your entry on 04/02/2012.

Have you managed to obtain an update on this problem yet? You could restore my faith in Sony which is rapidly deminishing.

Thanks

Message was edited by: oldfedup

Message was edited by: oldfedup

simoneast
Visitor

Hi

The text of the link is correct but I copied it from an email and it looks like the background of it corrupted somehow.

Try this:

http://sonycic.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1805/~/home-cinema-lip-sync-issue

or copy the text of it into your browser. The phone number has now been amended on the KB by the way.

No hard feelings, just that Sony (or at least one rep) has basically told me to shut up and live with the problem as it is "normal" to have to synchronise the sound. Something I disagree with. I acccept that on set up one needs to "pair" as it were the sound system and the TV using the AV sync or perhaps use it to tame a wayward external device...but to be told that I would need to do this for each Blu-Ray or DVD I was watching is ridiculous. When I found the KB I was very happy as it obviously shows that Sony are in fact aware of and accept that there is a problem and I spent a fair amount of time trying to spread the word so to speak - so I did take it a little personally when you changed all my posts.

However you are right, clicking on my link did not work and if Sony are watching this thread then it's all good.

Cheers!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

simoneast wrote:

Hi

The text of the link is correct but I copied it from an email and it looks like the background of it corrupted somehow.

Try this:

http://sonycic.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1805/~/home-cinema-lip-sync-issue

That link works fine now Simon, thanks for posting..:smileyhappy:

Bearsparko
Explorer

Hi, just want to add my voice to the chorus of disappointment.

Model number of Home cinema system and TV.

Kdl-40ex503

software version pkg4 108eul-0108

Bdv-e380

Software version m07.r0579

Which TV channel has the lip sync issue.

Hdmi1

If the problem is via a disc, DVD or Blu-ray, what is the title of the disc.

Blueray

Film name: 2012

Barcode on box no. 5050629062014

If the problem happens via an external STB (Set Top Box), what type of  STB is it, e.g. SKY or Virgin etc.

Watching tv through my sky+hd box via the optical input there are no issues. I only have the problem watching bluray discs (haven't tried any other formats yet, it's all too depressing)

How is the STB connected to your products, e.g. HDMI or Scart etc.

HDMI

With regards to my issue I am very disappoined that having bought a Sony tv and home cinema system I have such a basic issue as lip syncing. I wanted a simple plug and play solution and Invested in Sony products as I was confident that an engineer at Sony would have bothered to connect 2 of their mainstream high volume products together to check that they work. This clearly was not the case. Now I have hard wired the system into my living room and it DOESN'T WORK!

profile.country.nl_NL.title
kire1980
Visitor

Any news from Sony yet on the issues? Can we expect a fix/firmware update soon?

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi all

Apologies for any problems you are experiencing. Let me try and get an update for you early next week so we can get it sorted as soon possible..

Thanks