Join now - be part of our community!

Lip sync problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
simoneast
Visitor

Lip sync problems

Guys!

Sony are asking for help with the sound sync problem. There is a request for everyone with lip sync issues on the E380 and some other devices to give details:

Get on there and let them know this needs fixing!!

Cheers!

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Made thread a sticky post

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enabled the sticky function

75 REPLIES 75
oldfedup
Visitor

Ditto kire1980

Any news from Sony yet on the issues ? Can we expect a fix/firmware update soon? ...very disappointing and frustrating ! Where is the Sony customer care / service when it's needed ??!

grbrown53
Visitor

I also have the lip sync issue, setup as follows:

- KDL-55HX923 TV

- BDV-E380 Home Cinema

- Virgin Tivo

- All HDMI connected

I have noticed the lip sync issue on Blu-ray and DVD playback.  I have also noticed it watching most HD channels on the Tivo box (especially ITV1 HD).  However, I haven't plugged the Tivo directly into the TV to ensure it's not the Tivo at fault.

I have however, whilst playing a DVD, switched the audio from the E380 to the TV and the DVD then plays perfectly with no issues, thus suggesting the issue is a direct result of the E380 audio decoding / playback.

I have noticed this issue since 25/12/2011, but could have been there before as this was the first time I played a Blu-ray / DVD disc via the E380.

Sony, can we please get an update on the situation?  Six weeks with no feedback isn't what I would call acceptable.

nayan007
Visitor

Please do let me know when this issue will get fixed,if they have started working in it. It will be good if they post here the updates about the progress

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

grbrown53 wrote:

Sony, can we please get an update on the situation?  Six weeks with no feedback isn't what I would call acceptable.

Hi all,

I was under the impression that Catmamo was looking into this..:smileyconfused:

Catmambo wrote:23-Feb-2012 21:08

Hi all

Apologies for any problems you are experiencing. Let me try and get an update for you early next week so we can get it sorted as soon possible..

Thanks

I'll try & get an update for you all, can't promise anything though..:smileyplain:

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Sorry for slow reply, ts still being examined by engineering at the moment. No further update at the moment. I'll check again early next week.

Apologies for the delay in fixing this.

Metallicatz
Visitor

Gweetings!

Just wanted to add my name to the list as the problem was particularly bad last night while watching 'Taken' on Blu Ray. The delay varied at different points during the film at it's worst there was about a second delay on the audio. Cant say I've noticed the problem at any time other than watching Blu Ray discs.

My set up is as follows:

KDL-40EX723

BDV-E380

Sky HD

All connected via HDMI

gorstj
Visitor

Just a quick me too.... but in a different way.

DVD and Blu Ray discs play fine on my BDV-780W

However lip sync from my Sky HD is terrible and very variable!

I have the audio input to the coax digital input and have the video piped directly from SkyHD-->Toshiba TV via HDMI.

I am going to free up a HDMI input on my Sony BDV so I can input the sky on a HDI input there and see if that improved things.... but then I loose 5.1 surround sound as the HDMI output fom sky is on 2 channel I think.

LeCrunch
Visitor

Just to add my issues to the list.

Purchased  46HX823 and BDV E280 4 weeks ago.  Experienced lip sync issues when either playing a blu ray movie or having the audio through the E280.

No lip sync issues if the audio is played through the TV only, but not what I purchased.

simoneast
Visitor

Any update on this yet?

grbrown53
Visitor

Ditto, is there any update yet?

What priority has this issue been given?

Are there any known workarounds? (other than avoiding the E380 altogether)

Is there an esitimated fix date?  Days / Weeks / Months?

Has a solution been identied?

Will it be a hardware re-call or just a software update?

Will Sony actually be fixing it at all?