Join now - be part of our community!

Lip sync problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
simoneast
Visitor

Lip sync problems

Guys!

Sony are asking for help with the sound sync problem. There is a request for everyone with lip sync issues on the E380 and some other devices to give details:

Get on there and let them know this needs fixing!!

Cheers!

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Made thread a sticky post

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enabled the sticky function

75 REPLIES 75
Catmambo
Contributor

Hot off the press - should be a software fix imminentlly. Indication is it *should* be in the next 10 days or so. Its just going through final testing at the moment, so you'll just need to do a firmware update and it will resolve the issue.

Once I have confiirmation of a date, I'lll share, but as I said, its imminent.

Thanks and apologies again for the issue.

grbrown53
Visitor

Thats good news, thank you.

profile.country.GB.title
gADgYt
New

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40NX713 TV that is having problems with lip sync from various sources, the syncing being variable from 0 to 1 second out. The problem can only be attributed to the TV though as it is also apparent when watching HD Freeview with no other connected equipment.

Tonight whilst watching "Benidorm" on ITV1 HD the lip sync was way out at some points although the amount it was out varied during the programme.

The lip sync problem only seemed to manifest its self a couple of months ago and I don't always notice it so have yet not reported the problem to Sony but I will be sure to give them a call on Monday as it is definitely getting worse.

Model: KD- 40NX713 Bravia Smart TV

Firware Version: PKG5.045EUS-0108

Problems Encountered: lip sync problems

Case Ref: TBA

chrisniki
Visitor

I have issues with the lip sync as well as other problems would like to see this unit recalled to many problems with internet as well.

Bearsparko
Explorer

Hi all, I got an E-Mail today from SONY tell me that an update is available;

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/BDV-E380/updates

version M07.R.0615

I came home from work, started up the unit and it told me the update was available.

I installed the update and then had a few issues getting the unit to recognise that it had a BR disc in, but a full powerdown at the plug sorted this out.

My issue has only ever been playing Bluray discs, Sky through the optical out from my HD box was ok and DVD's are OK.

Results

There is no doubt that the delay is better.......but it ain't gone.

What is really weird, is that in the same scene different actors seem to have different delays? Not sure if I am now being over sensitive to the problem, but it really feels like in some scenes its sorted, and then if the action speeds up it feels like there is still a small sync problem?

I would be interested to know how the rest of you get on.

profile.country.IE.title
Guzo59
New

I just installed the update

I had hope and a big smile on my face.

Injected my Inception Blu Ray to test at the infamous scene in the snow and NO CHANGE at all.

Still a delay when av sync is at 0 ms and a perfect sync at 175 ms.

Nice try Sony, but I really dont need a placebo update when i am ready to throw the damn thing out the window!

Please stop joking and DO something!

simoneast
Visitor

I installed the update last night and watched Captain America. No need to resync at all. oms and perfect sync.

I will try a couple more movies tonight to confirm but so far I am optimistic!

nikkilim
Visitor

It syncs well for my sisters. There problems but it was just DVD related. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

for those that are not yet aware there is a firmware update available which should fix the lip sync issue..

lip+sync.png

profile.country.nl_NL.title
kire1980
Visitor

Installed the new firmware last week as well, and the sync has definitely improved a lot. I would say that when using optical (TV) or coax (SAT/CABLE) as input there is no noticable delay anymore (with HDMI video directly connected to TV). So basically I would say, issue solved :slight_smile: Thanks!

Also, when watching a BD/DVD disc, the sync is okay, no issues there.

HOWEVER, when I use the HDMI1 or HDMI2 input (audio is also input via HDMI1/2 input) the sync is still off by at least half a second... So no improvement there... When connected directly to my TV, the sync is perfect, so I guess that the source signal has correct sync, and the E380 is delaying the audio.

Although in my case it doesn't matter because I can use the optical/coax input, it looks like the issue has not been solved completely yet.

Hopefully my feedback can be used for the engineering team. The system is now almost fine, just a few steps left.