Join now - be part of our community!

Need help with surround sound using the A.R.C function

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
plowzii
Visitor

Need help with surround sound using the A.R.C function

Hi there, I have recently bought a brand new sony kdl-40hx753 tv and a sony dav-tz135 theatre system both of which have the A.R.C function and the theatre system is plugged into hdmi 1 which has A.R.C written on it but when i try to watch a blu-ray from my playstation 3 I don't get any sound through the surround sound.

I have set the sound output on the tv to 'audio system' and have tried litterally every setting on both menu's of the tv, I am able to control the volume of the theatre system but it does not work (everything works individually it's just not working via A.R.C) both devices are connected by hdmi 1.4 cables I am at my wits end if anybody has any experience in this sort of problem your feedback would be very much appreciated :slight_smile: thanks in advance.

Mike.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

That's normal. HDMI ARC function is only for streaming music from your TV tunner (broadcast) and not for sending down to your amp any audio sound that comes to it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

That's normal. HDMI ARC function is only for streaming music from your TV tunner (broadcast) and not for sending down to your amp any audio sound that comes to it.