Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD870 stuck in UPDATE mode

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mrsoftee
Visitor

RDR-HXD870 stuck in UPDATE mode

My RDR HXD870 updates about 4 x per day which is normally fine but now it locks in to update which completely freezes the machine .  When this happens the only way to release it is to hold in the power button for 7secs. I have tried a hard reset and a firmware update...both failed to cure it. Any ideas anyone please.

149 REPLIES 149
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

before posting any further comments please read this thread

***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

jjames1
New

My DVD recorder has stuck in update mode, can anyone advise as \i cannot even turn the recorder on

pewrigh38

read the previous post m8
jedi98

I got all this too. As of today, 20/7/2013. Even when the guide comes up for a few seconds it looks really odd. Im on Crystal palace so something changed last night & broke the whole thing.

The Fance fix workaround works. Probably switching to the other type of guide would have too.

v1.70 software

Sony - help we need a fix - my mum's going crazy at the thought of no EPG 😞

fragglebabe
Explorer

Dear Pascale,

I also have the same problem - yesterday (Friday 19th July) the television picture and sound disappeared, as well as the EPG function on the RDR-HXD870 dvd recorder box. Today, the box is stuck in UPDATE mode and it won't respond at all.

Please help us to fix this problem, as it sounds like many people are experiencing the same trouble. Thank you so much for your help and please let us know when there is a solution to the problem.

Best wishes, Fragglebabe.

ruskinphoto
Explorer

I'm in the position as many others, gone through the France setup and have everything back apart from EPG. I tweeted Sony asking for the account they might be announcing a fix and will share it as soon as I get an answer. Meanwhile, if Pascale gets any info, it would be appreciated! Thanks.
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

before posting any further comments please read this thread

***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

profile.country.GB.title
liketv

Do you think that it's possible to somehow agree that we all use the same thread?  It's exhausting tring to keep up with all the different threads (at least 6 of them) and the AV Forums !

profile.country.GB.title
Ron_Obvious
Explorer

Very many thanks to Pewrigh38 (message 18) for the ‘France’ work around.

I am about to replace my Sony TV with a newer model. I have been a loyal Sony user for many, many years but confess that while looking around for a new TV I have been tempted by other manufacturers.  Sony will be making up my mind for me in the next 48 hours, depending on how they respond to this situation.

As well as the reputational damage, Sony may wish to contemplate the risk of litigation. Unless this problem if fixed within a reasonable time, they will be open to accusations of causing criminal damage by rendering equipment unusable or only partially usable as a result of their faulty update. In terms of civil damages, a few thousand users taking them to the small claims courts may be rather expensive for them in legal fees.

mcqtom
Explorer

Same happening to me as of 20th July 2013 and here's the solution for me right now:

1) hold down power for 5-10 seconds until display shows clock rather than update
2) repeatedly press the on button (or press the on and stop key together in some random cases) to boot the machine find a list of blank channels
3) hit "system menu" followed by "initial setup" and retune digital tv channels with your location set to France.
This will allow you to view the TV and access your title list of recorded programmes

As of this evening of 20th July it is impossible to use the guide and therefore have any automatic recordings take place. I can foresee that this will not change until Sony pushes some kind of update which with tommorow being Sunday, I can see being delayed by a few days 😞

Let's hope you can respond quick enough to keep your customers Sony!