Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD870 stuck in UPDATE mode

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mrsoftee
Visitor

RDR-HXD870 stuck in UPDATE mode

My RDR HXD870 updates about 4 x per day which is normally fine but now it locks in to update which completely freezes the machine .  When this happens the only way to release it is to hold in the power button for 7secs. I have tried a hard reset and a firmware update...both failed to cure it. Any ideas anyone please.

149 REPLIES 149
pewrigh38

no, but you may have to try an older firmware like 1.65 before you can get 1.70 in, as your extremely old firmware came in with the ark :wink:

obtain and test 1.65 and see if that goes in, if it does, wait for a new one when they fix the problem for us, as 1.70 wont fix your problems either
maranson4
Explorer

...or the developers that knew about the problem and could have fixed it have been made redundant in a round of 'efficiency savings'. We've all been there too ...
profile.country.GB.title
stevied

Just read the link pewrigh. They also contacted me via my facebook page. No explanation as to why it took them so long to respond though even if it is an EPG problem. I expect someone senior from Sony has been doing a bit of "encouraging" by the sound of it.

galaxy-ripple
Explorer

I did suspect that it might have been the 4G issue, so plugged in the 0800 device they posted out to everyone, that made the epg come back, but then it just went back into update again this morning,

So just wanted to say thanks for the advice, it worked, its a good job there are people like you out there to offer help. I hope that Sony come up with a resolve, its a pain having to manually put all my recordings back in, just hope the channels don't reschedule any programmes until Sony sort this out.

There could be a load of owners out there that are assuming that their machines are broken ... 

pewrigh38

4g hasnt yet rolled out nationwide, but this fault has affected owners nationwide

its the epg at fault, not 4g
Birdlanduk
Explorer

SO it's back to square one this Morning after finally getting the "set to France fix" to work after 15 goes, what do I find this morning the machine is back and STUCK AGAIN! in "UPDATE" will this nightmare never end? and what are Sony doing about it would it be nothing followed by nothing? aren't these people supposed to be experts and aren't they supposed to test things before rolling them out? all very unprofessional.

tigerstampe
Explorer

What did yioudo.Mine is stuck on up date and has swallowed trhe 1.70 update cd and is dead! CD won't open to remove disc either.

pewrigh38

press and hold the power button until it switches off
quickly tap the power button while its off and it will boot up with welcome
rckstdy
Explorer

So after using the France setting last night it worked without any tv guide. Then woke up this morning to find it was stuck in update mode again. After using the classic IT solution of switching it on and off again a few times it came on and started working as normal, I have now reset to UK mode and it is still working as normal. Let's see how it goes once the unit is switched off again during the night.
Tags (2)
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

before posting any further comments please read this thread

***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

I have locked this thread in a hope that we can limit the number of thread so to avoid confusion & make it easier for users to find the latest information..

Please also note that the update the firmware solution at the begging of this thread is not a solution to the current (july13) issue