Join now - be part of our community!

RDR.. Issues (May 2014) - MASTER THREAD

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
rdr-hxd995_owner

RDR.. Issues (May 2014) - MASTER THREAD

Friday 23rd May approx 19:00 attempted to turn on DVD recorder RDR-HXD995. Seemed reluctant to power on from remote (and when pressing power on on unit itself) as in UPDATE mode. Finally after switching power off at the wall a few times, managed to get it to respond. However when a channel is selected, it displays for a short while and then the screen goes blank. Also, a programme which was set to record, has not recorded.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem - is this July all over again or is it just me?

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

181 REPLIES 181
Greysurfer

I appear to be Crystal Palace and my machine is now working ok.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Crystal Palace it is.

Just so that you all know, Sony is aware of the issues that you guys are reporting.  But please continue to do so, as then they know how many (and what areas) are effected.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
saphirec30
Explorer

crystal palace here too. i see a link developing.

profile.country.GB.title
No_Pic

A parallel thread going on in AV Forums also mentions Crystal Palace a couple of times in the most recent posts.

http://www.avforums.com/threads/sony-870-and-all-sony-hxd-and-some-pioneers-dvd-recorders-no-freevie...

Good to know Sony are listening to this.

Thanks for the feedback.

profile.country.GB.title
MarmiteCyclist
Explorer

I have the problem again this evening too and am also Crystal Palace and RDR-HXD870.

Thanks for the France tip, off to try a trip French trip now...

keithrazzell
Explorer

Is the latest problem dated 30th May. I know it happened on 23rd May but it appears to have happened again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi keithrazzell

There is a problem with some RDR recorders at this moment.  The issue appears to be isolated to the Crystal Palace transmitter at this moment.  Sony is aware of the issue and is investigating with urgency in order to resolve the problem.  In the meantime have you tried the workarounds at the begining of this thread?

Cheers

jamesdeadman
Explorer

We also have this issue happened again tonight (Friday 30th). It seemed resolved last weekend and now again this evening the recorder picture disappears after a few seconds.  

Thought i would try a manual update but now it just says "UPDATE" indefinately  (unless of course the UPDATE usually takes a long while - 1 hour?).

Getting a little fed up with this Sony!

paftrain
New

Anybody know if it is possible to turn off automatic updates so that, after Sony have corrected this update ( hopefully), next weeks c**** up can be avoided?

Sent from my iPad
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think you can turn off the EPG updates.  Freeview devices (especially recorders) rely on an updated EPG. 

All I can suggest at the moment, is to use the temp workarounds at the begining of this thread.

Issue 1 - Stuck Update
Press and hold the On/Off button until the RDR recorder turns off, then quickly press the button again briefly, before the unit tries to go back into update mode.

Issue 2 - No Freeview Channels (ie Blank)
Go into the Tuner Setup and Replace Channels.  When asked about which Country, select "France" and continue on with the re-tune.