Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) - Obsolete on Some Devices

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) - Obsolete on Some Devices

This is a breakaway thread from my earlier vTuner post which I hope will get better exposure here. Hopefully someone from Sony will see this and realise that the vTuner issue is now having a knock-on effect rendering other features of our devices inoperable.

For owners of the Sony STR-DN1040 Receiver (other models may apply) you will likely know that since the vTuner issue arose earlier this summer our SEN button on the remote control has now become obsolete for some owners and worthless to others.

Here in the UK we have just two SEN services, 'vTuner' & 'Music Unlimited'. However since the later is a premium service costing £9.99 p/month it is way too expensive for some. Likewise the suspension of vTuner has rendered my SEN button pretty much worthless either way.

However, those customers living in other parts of the world and who only have the one SEN service 'vTuner',  will now know that SEN button is now completely obsolete on your device.

As the SEN service was an advertised feature on our devices and no longer works I am therefore appealing to Sony via this post to compensate customers for the loss of the vTuner / SEN service and to provide free access to Music Unlimited on all STR-DN1040 models worldwide.

If you have a different model and can no longer access any services on SEN please update this post accordingly.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
36 REPLIES 36
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

I think it's a very sorry situation when customers have to resort to outside influence's to get the answers they need from Sony. I think putting pressure on Sony through social media is now probably the only option we have left! Lets face it they've had since August when the vTuner fiasco first began and all we've had is just a two line statement telling us diddly squat! As we all know, you can bury your head in the sand but if you don't come up for air every once in a while you'll eventually suffocate!

Someone mentioned in another post that the Japanese are honourable people, that may be so but failing to answer customers questions is the height of ignorance in my book!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Day 3

Still no change! No response from Sony, 'SEN Home' still inaccessible on my Blu-ray Player, SEN services unusable on my STR-DN1040 Receiver.

Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) is now officially 'Sony Non Entertainment Network' on my products!!!

Pistabacsi

The Sony entertainment notwork really 🐵
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pistabacsi wrote:
The Sony entertainment notwork really 🐵

All we need are the PSN Network jokes now.  Got a few of them, heres a couple of clean ones

WHAT IS THE OPPOSITE OF UP?.........PSN

WHAT IS PSN'S FAVORITE WINTER JACKET FILLING?.............DOWN

WHAT IS PSN'S FAVORITE ELEVATOR BUTTON?........DOWN

Another joke was about comparing PSN to a male medical disfunction, but I wont go there :slight_smile:

Sorry, getting off-topic here :grin:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hahahahah..., LOL!

The missing joke about ED makes me laugh most! :laughing: Most definitely 'Down'!!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

Another joke was about comparing PSN to a male medical disfunction, but I wont go there :slight_smile:

You could have said you weren't going to rise to the occasion! That would have made me chuckle myself silly :dizzy:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Day 4 & 5

Sadly no change to this situation. Worse still I had hoped that Sony's New Year resolution would be to sort the faults on their existing products before even considering launching any new ones! I think this company is driven soley by profits and customer satifaction doesn't even enter into the equation.

I know you are reading my post Sony, you may choose to hide behind the very large wall you've built around your empire but eventually the truth will out! It always does...

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Day 6, 7 & 8 (sorry playing catch-up here)!

Well I happy to announce that SEN has now returned to both my devices but specifically I would like to discuss my Blu-ray Player (BDP-S7200).

I first noticed that the SEN Home screen was working again last night and I can no access the full menu of services. However!! Some services are still experiencing issues and either won't load at all or are simply unusable. RedBull TV being one of them. The interface does load but navigation seems impossible as you cannot see where you are navigating to or what you have selected to watch. I tried for half an hour or more to view something at random but each time I received an error saying the application was having technical difficulties! Arghh!!!

Another App that I tried (can't remember it's name) got to the loading icon (spinning orb of death) but just remained on that screen indefinitely. After 10 minutes I gave up!

I did have some success with one or two other App's that I tried and these seemed to function as normal.

I have however discovered a new bug which I was not aware of previously. When navigating through the Favourite App's list if I press 'RETURN' to go back to the previous page the application immediately exits taking me back to the XrossMediaBar. Frustrating to say the least!!

So to summarise, SEN is working partially but with issues!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

This is now becoming personal......

SEN has now ceased functioning again on my Home Theater Receiver STR-DN1040

No access to vTuner - No access to Music Unlimited, both services *******!!

All I now see is this screen, nothing works, navigation is impossible!!!!

IMG_20150104_194619.jpg

Given that most issues of this nature occur shortly after I post in these forums I'm guessing this is now a personal attack on me as a customer for complaining and Tweeting my disatisfaction.

What's next Sony? Should I get my member of Parliament involved??

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Is this the work of Hackers?

Yet another mystery whilst trying to access Twitter using the SEN Network on my Blu-ray player!! I am shown a message on my TV asking me to go to the URL shown using my computer and enter the pin code below, accep there is no pin code shown.

Entering the above URL on my computer takes me to the Japenese Amazon Website!!!!!!

Jap Amazon.png