Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1050 - HDMI OUT

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
dohawki69
New

STR-DN1050 - HDMI OUT

Bought this AV Rreceiver today as my Yamaha v675 gave up the ghost last night. I've noticed that the amp appears to add black dots or lines to high contrast scenes. eg bright window in the background of a scene. Granted this was on an AVI file but when I connected the dvd player direct to the projector there were no artefacts but when I re introduced the DN1050 back into the chain, there they were. Has anyone else noticed this?  Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Other than this, its a good sounding amp.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
dohawki69
New

I found the issue was to do with a setting on my player, an  Oppo BDP93. If I set the Oppo output to 1080p the artifacts disappeared. I had it set to source Direct and colour space 4:2:2. When I set the colour space to Auto and output back to source direct the artifacts were gone. Back to more happy viewing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To be honest, Ive never heard such an issue.  The first couple of things that comes to mind though is that its the particular AVI file, can you try other media files?  Is this via DLNA or USB.  Also whats the condition of the HDMI cable - is it on good order and is their sufficient shielding?  Just in case 'noise' is being introduced somewhere.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
dohawki69
New

I found the issue was to do with a setting on my player, an  Oppo BDP93. If I set the Oppo output to 1080p the artifacts disappeared. I had it set to source Direct and colour space 4:2:2. When I set the colour space to Auto and output back to source direct the artifacts were gone. Back to more happy viewing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant - Thanks for posting back with the solution - Im always curious on what it is.