Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN860 USING SKY Q SILVER

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

STR-DN860 USING SKY Q SILVER

just wondered if any one can shed some light on why, when  using sky q silver,connected to the sat imput of the amp, i cannot get 2160 10bit to work with sky, but when connecting sky direct to tv, only then does sky connect to 10bit?  tv is kd x8509c  sky to amp, amp(ARC) to tv is my set up

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have just had a look at the more detailed specs of the STR-DN860.  Sky Q Silver outputs 2160p at 50hz, unfortunately the STR-DN860 does not support 10bit at 2160p and 50/60 hz - only 8 bit.  See Specs below.

STR-DN860.jpg

My advice is to directly connect the Sky Q Silver box to the TV via HDMI and pass-though the Audio from the TV to the AV Receiver.

Cheers

Edit: Some further reading:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/sky-Q-UHD-doesn-t-support-AV-amps-or-soundbars/td-p/2513407

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

your a star! thank you very much. now i know

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

just like to add,   amp is HDCP2.2 compliant, so 10 bit should work , passthro' from sky box

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

was wondering if any body had an answer, or am i being completely stupid(which i don't mind being told)that nobody feels it is worth comenting on. Still dont understand why an amp that has a HDCP2.2 imput for SAT and is 8/10/12bit passthro@ compliant  over hdmi, yet you have to connect a STB direct to the tv, to get 2160p 10 bit. no point in having an amp with a SAT imput i suppose then! Just thought some nice person would explain, instead of phoning Sony to get the answer. and yes all cables are ACORD 18gbs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Everytime I come to look at your post/issue I get side-tracked - appologies.  Having a look now, will post back soon.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have just had a look at the more detailed specs of the STR-DN860.  Sky Q Silver outputs 2160p at 50hz, unfortunately the STR-DN860 does not support 10bit at 2160p and 50/60 hz - only 8 bit.  See Specs below.

STR-DN860.jpg

My advice is to directly connect the Sky Q Silver box to the TV via HDMI and pass-though the Audio from the TV to the AV Receiver.

Cheers

Edit: Some further reading:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/sky-Q-UHD-doesn-t-support-AV-amps-or-soundbars/td-p/2513407

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

your a star! thank you very much. now i know

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're Welcome :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Shane.h
New

Firstly is there any update for the Sony amp to be able to take sky Q, 

or will there or do Sony not support there own products, as only had the amp for less then 2 years from new, yet there is 4K inputs....