Join now - be part of our community!

svr-hdt500 will not switch on

Explorer

svr-hdt500 will not switch on

Originally posted in the wrong section.I have an svr-hdt500 that is only 13 months old that all of a sudden will not switch on,the light on the front panel initially flashes slowly then speeds up.I have tried a reset through the small panel on the front,fault is still there,front panel light just keeps flashing,the only way to stop it is to disconnect the power supply.All that comes up on the tv screen is high definition hard disc recorder.Have also left the unit disconnected over night,still will not switch on,just hope i have not lost all i have recorded.New to the forum so any advice would be appreciated, cheers.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I really hate to say this - you have done the normal fault checking (ie replace HDMI cable, press reset button for 5to10 seconds, switch power off) - its looking to be like a hardware fault. 

Unfortunately you will probably need to get this checked out by an authorised Sony Repair Centre.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers

PS: Just my opinion

Explorer

Thanks for your replies,i was hoping it was going to be a simple quick fix,so is probably going to be expensive,will have to look for consumer rights,sale of goods act,a disc recorder this young should not fail.This is the first time i have had any issue with a sony product,been buying sony for many many years.Thanks again anyway.