Join now - be part of our community!

1080i/1080p Switching

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
alnwick
Visitor

1080i/1080p Switching

I recently purchased a KDL-40HX853 and was very happy with it until the digital switchover last month. The HD channels 'drop out' and give a few seconds of black screen each time the transmission switches between 1080i and 1080p. Have I missed a fix for this or is a software update planned?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

This is a bit strange - could always try doing a factory reset on the TV and see if that flushes the issue. Failing that, you are still in warranty so could always call your local service centre who can advise on it and make any necessary alterations if neeed.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Yes this was fixed in a software patch a little while back. If you just connect your TV up to the Internet using the onboard wifi and go into one of the settings menu's and prompt it to look for a new firmware, this should resolve it. Failing that you can also carry out the update via USB too.

Let us know if it doesn't fix it though.

Thanks

alnwick
Visitor

Thanks for the reply. I had checked the software/firmware prior to sending the question. It is currently listed as PKG1.504EVA-0002. Tried checking for updates on-line and also loading the most recent firmware via USB but both routes indicated that I had the most recent software. Could you suggest anything else I could try?

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

This is a bit strange - could always try doing a factory reset on the TV and see if that flushes the issue. Failing that, you are still in warranty so could always call your local service centre who can advise on it and make any necessary alterations if neeed.

Thanks

alnwick
Visitor

Thanks, the factory reset seems to have worked.

Catmambo
Contributor

Ah great to hear that fixed it :slight_smile: