Join now - be part of our community!

3D Glasses Filter

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Jonobiwan
New

3D Glasses Filter

Hi there,

Not sure if there are any Sony mods/reps seeing this but I was wondering if you can tell me how I go about getting hold of some 3D Glasses filters as I'm having an issue with flicker. I've got the TDG-BR250 glasses along with a KDL 46EX723.

Is there any chance of getting hold of some fitlers here? If so is it possible for 2 sets and how much do they cost?

Thanks - J

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

No need to send further PM's instead please see the information below..

The following list from Sony is designed to help determine the reason why the picture may not appear in focus or the picture appears with double images ( ghosting ) or there are outlines around the subject when viewing 3D content..

IMPORTANT :

Before proceeding please make sure that the 3DTV and related products are set up and connected correctly.

Because each of the three steps below represents a possible solution to this issue, please check the status of the 3D picture after completing each step.

Please check each of the following steps before moving to the next:

Step 1:

The TV and the 3D product will need several minutes to stabilize when they are first  turned on. Wait a few minutes for the products to synchronize and the 3D image will appear correctly.

Step 2:

To get the correct 3D depth and prevent the double image effect, your head should be level,  eyes need to be even with the horizontal plane, same as the TV set. The  visible light coming from the TV picture is polarized. The 3D Shutter Glasses work together with this polarized light from the TV to produce the 3D picture. 3D is best viewed with your head and eyes level and positioned as near to the horizontal centre line of the screen as possible.

Step 3: ( Most common successful solution )

Change the 3D glasses brightness setting to MEDIUM or LOW. The 3D glasses brightness adjustment can be accessed from the TV OPTIONS menu and the default setting from the factory is set to AUTO. The 3D glasses brightness setting adjusts brightness as seen through the 3D glasses by controlling a combination of the 3D glasses shutter and the panel back light level.

Step 4:

If none of the three steps above resolve your problem, Sony can offer a pair of optional polarizer filters that can be fitted and inserted over the existing lenses in the Sony 3D glasses, these filters may resolve your problem. They will reduce the double image noticed  with the head tilt. They will however make the picture slightly darker,  and some home lightning could appear to flicker when viewed through the glasses. These filters are non-permanent and are easy to install and remove.

Obtain Anti Distortion Filters:

Please contact our Customer Information Centre on 08448466555 for more information and quote KB1155 when talking to an agent..

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony no longer give out these filters for free.  See the following thread for more information:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/home-cinema-projectors-players/3d-glasses-for-vpl-vw90es-projector/m-...

Also, 4ourhouse website:

http://www.4ourhouse.co.uk/

Cheers

View solution in original post

113 REPLIES 113
Jonobiwan
New

Can anyone help? :slight_frown:

iagibso49

I got them free from someone at Sony monitoring this forum. If you search for my posts you might be able to find the relevant section. Good luck.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jonobiwan,

I've sent you Private message, click the following link to view your PM's - Private Messages

richmorr
Visitor

i got the KDL 40EXZ24 yesterday and seemed to be experiancing really bad crosstalk.....would these filters help fix this problem too?

mahilj
Visitor

how do i get some filters for my 3d glasses 

Scoobeedog
New

Hi

Please could you let me know how to get them as I am after some for my 3d glasses please

many thanks

paul

Wetherby47
New

Thalamus,

can you also send me details of how to obtain the filters.

Kind regards,

Wetherby47

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Wetherby47,

I've sent you a Private message, click the following link to view your PM's - Private Messages

Scoobeedog
New

Thalamus

Please could you private message me the link to get hold of some of these filters as I havnt had a reply as yet from when I 1st posted a request :slight_frown:

Many thanks

paul