Join now - be part of our community!

4K 55X8505B - iManual gripe

joynsa46
Explorer

4K 55X8505B - iManual gripe

Great TV - if only I could learn how to use it properly by reading a manual that isn't online!

I am sure this will turn into a Victor Meldrew ran,  but even If I begrudgingly accept that the complexity of the TV is such that it really is simply uneconomic for Sony to print manuals in the myriads of languages neccesary for some  it's bemused older customers, at least make it easy for me to print one out.

Now dont get me wrong, I would hate for your 75 billion dollar profit this year to take a hit, so I am very happy to save up over time and buy the ink. However, as far as I can work out I have to figure out which bits I want to print out from the encyplodeia, then  print it out, almost page by page.

I want the whole thing please, so I can sit, read, play with remote, refer to it, remind myself, and learn how to use your majestic telly properly - over a period of time, off a printed page. 

Would it not be possibe to make the manual available as a PDF download, rather than just HTML. At least I can then make my ludicrously old fashioned and ludite choice of printing off a manual - so I can figure out how to work the telly. Many thanks. Victor.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your gripe with the iManual is something we've all heard time and time again - so not a Victor Meldrue rant.  It is one of my bugbears too.  Fortunately Sony is aware of this and will be investigating ways in which to impove this (but will take time).

In the mean time, Ive converted the online iManual for you into PDF - see attached.

Cheers

joynsa46
Explorer

Hi there,

And many thanks, I am sorry I didnt pick up on it the first time.

I am very grateful to you and here goes with the printing! Let's hope Sony listen.

Thanks again.