Join now - be part of our community!

Al Jazeera HD on SVR-HDT500

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
roger97
New

Al Jazeera HD on SVR-HDT500

Al Jazeera HD started broadcasting on Winter Hill transmitter yesterday. My Sony TV found the new channel and picture/audio are perfect. However, my SVR-HDT500 seems to have a problem withis new channel. It tunes the channel OK - picture is fine BUT there is no audio. Is the problem with the broadcast or the SVR-HDT500?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
roger97
New

The no-sound problem has now been fixed. Presumably by the broadcaster since no fix has been issued by Sony.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I cant confirm if this works on mine yet (as I dont have the COM7 mux just yet).  First things first though, ensure that you have the latest firmware (version 4.21.r8585).  Try swapping the HDMI cables around, and on different ports on the TV.  Also try doing a Full Re-scan of stations

So far, i have not seen any reports on audio not working on Al Jazeera HD on any equipment.

Cheers

EDIT: Also, goto Setup > AV Settings > and set Dolby Digital to ON

roger97
New

I have tried all of your suggestions but still no audio on Al Jazeera HD. All of the other HD channels are OK so I am assuming that there is some kind of incompatibility between the HDT500 and Al Jazeera HD. I'm hoping that it's not a general problem with the COM7 Mux which would affect the BBC HD channels which are due to start on COM7 early 2104.
roger97
New

The no-sound problem has now been fixed. Presumably by the broadcaster since no fix has been issued by Sony.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent. 

It would be a broadcasting fix, as there are no plans (as far as im aware) on a fw update on this HDD recorder.

As you are already getting the new muxes ahead of other parts of the country, you will get all the teething problems (and ironed out before my transmitter is upgraded :slight_smile:  )