all my hd devices are showing a black screen my kdl-40v5500

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
feldamit
Visitor

all my hd devices are showing a black screen my kdl-40v5500

HI,

I have a bravia lcd KDL-40v5500.

For some very strange reason, since this morning i cant see any picture from my hd devices connected to my tv via hdmi.

I have 2 devices connected, one is my cable tv box and the other is my BOXEE streamer.

Up untill yesterday everything was working perfectly fine but since this morning both my devices are showing black screens althoght they are on and they are connected properly.

I tried everything from changing hdmi ports to changing cables to reseting the tv to factory settings but nothing helped.

When I connect my Boxee to another tv i works fine so the device it self is not the problem.

The wierdest thing is when i turn on my Boxee it shows the first splash screen (which is not in hd format) but right after that it disappears leaving a black screen. Seems that once it statrs transmitting HD content it doesnt show.

Please help !!

Thanks alot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Convergence
Visitor

Hi it would appear your set has developed a fault, if SD works ok, can only advise you try a full reset, if that does not resolve the problem then an engineer would need to take a look

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Convergence
Visitor

Hi it would appear your set has developed a fault, if SD works ok, can only advise you try a full reset, if that does not resolve the problem then an engineer would need to take a look

Bravia55HX

Hi,,

there has been one or two reports of HDMI failure in some sets and it seems yours is no exception, yes as already said above you will need to get a Sony authorised repair technician take a look im afraid.