Join now - be part of our community!

any body got any idea what I have done

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
wheelchairmike
Explorer

any body got any idea what I have done

Hi

I have a Sony Bravia TV that has been working fine.  It is linked with a virgin box and remote.  Last night whilst looking for V+ recorded programmes I realised that I had lost sound and the small picture in the top rh corner of the screen.  All I have now is a TV icon with a red cross through it and no sound.  All the help screens work but click on a TV channel and you get zippo.  Any ideas what buttons I have pushed by mistake??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
wheelchairmike
Explorer

Hi All

Cracked it.

It was the virgin plus box that had got its knickers in a twist.  I think the TV was just showing the icon to indicate there was no feed.  Switched the box off and back on and all is now well.

Thanks for the suggestions

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

What model of tv and box do you have  and how are they connected ?

profile.country.GB.title
wheelchairmike
Explorer

Hi

TV is a KDL 32EX403 and it is connected to a virgin decoder and record and replay box by cat 5 cable.  All the help pages work on the TV as do the Virgin page listing etc. just when you click OK to view you get no sound a grey screen with this TV icon with a red line through it, like the mute icon.

I am tending to think it is a virgin box issue.  I was scrolling through past recordings with that remote when it all went haywire.

We have two other virgin boxes and TVs and they are working fine

profile.country.GB.title
wheelchairmike
Explorer

Hi All

Cracked it.

It was the virgin plus box that had got its knickers in a twist.  I think the TV was just showing the icon to indicate there was no feed.  Switched the box off and back on and all is now well.

Thanks for the suggestions