Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iplayer on Bravia KDL-24W605A

SOLVED
ghalltn6
Explorer

BBC iplayer on Bravia KDL-24W605A

Just bought a KDL-24W605A for the bedroom under the impression that it was a smart TV with access to BBC iplayer, having searched the TV features a hundred times I can't find it, and this includes on the SEN network.

I bought it from a nationwide retailer and thier website dictates that iplayer is available, and I've been told that the function is in the Apps store.. but where... I paid the higher price of this TV for this specific function, I'm getting really frustrated and don't want to end up with an expensive TV.. just to watch TV!

Regards

GH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

By all means, if you are not happy with the TV (or any product for that matter) take it back.  However, its probably something minor - give Sony a buzz tomorrow and see if they can talk you through it.  

Cheers 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you try the following:

1. Turn Off TV
  2. Turn off your ISP's router (leave off the 2 minutes, and switch on again)
  3. Once you router has been rebooted and connected turn on the TV again
  4. Once TV is up and running, try refreshing Internet Content (Home > Settings > Network > Refresh Internet Content)

Cheers

ghalltn6
Explorer

Thanks, before I get the TV out of the box and try this, can I confirm that the iplayer functions is 100% available on this model?

cheers

GH

Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've seen, this tv is a smart tv. So just connect it to your home network, ensure that it can access the internet and providing your in England (or a UK IP address) it should work. Good luck.
ghalltn6
Explorer

Thanks, I've just tried the turn everything off for half an hour, still nothing, the playstation and DVD player have all the demand apps etc, talking to the shop who I bought if from, they are suprised as they have set this exact set up and are adamant it should have the same apps as the Sony DVD player, thier advice is to ring sony direct, if there's still no resolution, I'll be taking it back!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

By all means, if you are not happy with the TV (or any product for that matter) take it back.  However, its probably something minor - give Sony a buzz tomorrow and see if they can talk you through it.  

Cheers 

profile.country.en_GB.title
Cyrax.NET

Also you may want to do a bit of quick testing before giving up.

If you check the network settings (I assume this option is available on your TV), is it getting an IP address from your home router?  Do any other apps work or at least appear in your menu?

I have had issues like you mention previously and normally it's down to connectivity.  You could confirm from the router side (if you can access it's admin menu) and check the TV is being assigned an IP.