Join now - be part of our community!

BBC News App Keeps Freezing - KDL40HX723

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
sony-cat

BBC News App Keeps Freezing - KDL40HX723

I have a Bravia KDL40HX723 TV which I have owned for approx 4 months.  For the last week or so I have been unable to use the BBC News app because it keeps freezing.  I was wondering if anyone else has this problem?

Sometimes I can maybe watch one news article before it freezes, sometimes it will just freeze straight away.  When it freezes I cannot navigate round the BBC News app any more.  I cannot use the return button either.  I can only use the Home or Internet Video button to get rid of the app.

According to the product page: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-40HX723

I have the lastest firmware version PKG4.008EUA (PKG4.008EUA-0104 in fact).

It is really frustrating, since I only watch on demand tv through the tv.  My tv is plugged in the router directly with an ethernet cable and our intenet conection is fine otherwise at the moment.  Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: sony-cat

Message was edited by: sony-cat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sony-cat

For the record there was a software update a few days to a week later.  This appears to have fixed the problem, so perhaps there was a problem with the above firmware version, if anyone is having any trouble with this.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sony-cat

For the record there was a software update a few days to a week later.  This appears to have fixed the problem, so perhaps there was a problem with the above firmware version, if anyone is having any trouble with this.