Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S390 and BBC sport app

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
thateden
Visitor

BDP-S390 and BBC sport app

Just bought this from amazon.co.uk in time for the olympics on the strength of the description saying it had the BBC Sport app. But I can't find it :slight_frown:

Does it not have it yet ... I already have a 2011 blu ray that didn't have it so if this doesn't it's essentially useless to me. I've done an update expecting it to appear but it didn't (although the update seemed to stick on 1/9 for ages and then the machine switched off, but I can't make it update again...)

Have I been promised something that doesn't exist yet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
danny2684
Visitor

Hi thateden,

I also bought BDP-S390 from Amazon thinking that it would have the BBC Sports app as advertised on their website but it is missing.  From looking at various websites I think the app is only available on some 2012 Bravia TVs and will be made available to 2012 blu rays but not at the moment.

I've also seen that Amazon are advertising that the N200 network media player has the app but it doesn't and apparently (according to another thread) won't ever have this app so I think someone from Sony needs to talk to Amazon about their product descriptions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
danny2684
Visitor

Hi thateden,

I also bought BDP-S390 from Amazon thinking that it would have the BBC Sports app as advertised on their website but it is missing.  From looking at various websites I think the app is only available on some 2012 Bravia TVs and will be made available to 2012 blu rays but not at the moment.

I've also seen that Amazon are advertising that the N200 network media player has the app but it doesn't and apparently (according to another thread) won't ever have this app so I think someone from Sony needs to talk to Amazon about their product descriptions.

HaHaPlonk
Visitor

Same here too, I read how Sony had the BBC App for the extra 26 BBC live streams, and many hours of messing around I am still none the wiser.

I have a Home Entertainment Blu Ray system and connected to the internet, but my TV is  Samsung, also connected to the Internet. I have used Samsung support several times and they always have got back to me within 24 hours, so Sony it can be done, it just depends on whether there is a will to do it.

Please provide an answer, how if we can, do we get the i-player app for the Olmpics, and answer now would be appreciatted, as it will be all over, so pull your finger out.

thateden
Visitor

I've sent it back to amazon for a refund because it's not as described. I only wanted it for the Olympics and it'll probably turn up on my older player in the end.

danny2684
Visitor

Hi Thateden,

Just wanted to point out that looking at other posts in this forum that it is unlikely that the BBC Sport app will be ported to 2011 blu rays.  Just 2012 blu rays and possibly 2011 Bravia TVs.

Catmambo
Contributor

Yes - just to confirm what danny2684 said, sport will still come to 2011 TV's when the BBC enable a fix post Olympics. Should aso then come to 2012 Blu-ray players soon after that.

Thanks

thateden
Visitor

Yeah, I may re-buy in the future but, as I said, I really wanted this specifically for the Olympics, so it comes too late to be useful for me now.