Join now - be part of our community!

Best settings for conversion of Humax recordings

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
bigredbus2

Best settings for conversion of Humax recordings

I have quite a few Humax Freesat recordings in .ts format which my Sony KDL-32W705B seems unable to play. If I convert the .ts strem to another one, what is the optimum format to play on the TV ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
bigredbus2

Having experimented a bit more, I would recommend Handbrake and mp4 to generate files for the TV from Humax .ts files. It is faster than VLC and, under the default settings, is easy as pie to run.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you have recorded the shows via DVB-T2 tuner (ie HD broadcasts) - the recording will/should be encryted, therefore wont work.  If they are SD broadcasts, you might be lucky.  I dont know if Humax encrypt those too, but Sony certainly does.

Convert using MP4/H.264 container/codec should be compatible for most things.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
bigredbus2

Hi, using VLC, I have found a suitable method. First few times I tried, the file was smaller than the input file (so no joy there, then) but transcoding with a set option worked wonders. Yes, the HD recordings are encoded on a HUMAX so they just will reside on the NAS to give me some space.

profile.country.GB.title
bigredbus2

So far MKV using handbrake to perform the conversion works between my WD Cloud and the TV.

mts works from a USB stick (BTW)

HD is encoded on Humax boxes. SD isn't

Sion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for posting back - as it may help others too.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
bigredbus2

Having experimented a bit more, I would recommend Handbrake and mp4 to generate files for the TV from Humax .ts files. It is faster than VLC and, under the default settings, is easy as pie to run.