Join now - be part of our community!

Blinking

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Nfparkinson
Visitor

Blinking

Anyone got a problem with hx923 'blinking '. The screen seems to blackout randomly for a second or so as if it is about to pack up, watched a complete DVD with out it happening but turned to tv stations and it started again. Any ideas

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nfparkinson
Visitor

Hi, sorry couldn't respond sooner, but have been under the knife! Having got a few weeks of convalescing ahead the 'blinking' would have driven me nuts but, touching wood, I think I cleared it.

My hdd recorder had picked up welsh stations and tv was tuned to English channels, retuned hdd as possibly causing conflict with tv.

Factory setting,  reset the tv,

Set to text/ graphics,

Accepted upgrade when shown on screen, all seems fine.

Thanks for the replies

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Bravia55HX

Hi,

not sure whats happening there but nothing like that on mine.

Nfparkinson
Visitor

Hi thanks for getting back to me, being new to the forum don't know how to add a video clip else you could see what I mean,  only had the set 3 weeks after a problem with a nx723, have been a long time Sony fan but they sure are on the slide.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

the responsibility lies with your dealer to sort this out for you if your still unhappy with it, speak to your dealer or see if theres another in store you can check to see if that does it as well, as i've said not sure whats happening there, but first check your firmwares up to date and if nessessary do a re tune if your using a terrestrial aeriel and see if that helps, if not, do what i've suggested and take it up with your dealer.

markj1234
Explorer

Yes. Exactly. I am seeing the same on my KDL-55HX823. The audio seems to stay solid by the picture blinks to black momentarily.  I have isolated it to all four HD channels (Crystal Palace in my case). Standard def channels don't seem to blink at all. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the digital switchover here on April 18. Though I also have a KDL-40EX713 which I haven't seen it happen on. But I need to watch that TV a lot more to be sure.

Looking at the live system info the signal level is rock solid 100. But the quality is all over the place sometimes dropping to single digits even hitting zero. But the blinks don't necessarily correlate with the low signal quality. Sometimes but not always.

Mark

markj1234
Explorer

I have just found this

http://sonycic.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1824

It seems to describe the exact problem. I was set to "Video" and have now changed to "Text/Graphics". So I need to see if this fixes the problem.

Mark

Nfparkinson
Visitor

Hi, sorry couldn't respond sooner, but have been under the knife! Having got a few weeks of convalescing ahead the 'blinking' would have driven me nuts but, touching wood, I think I cleared it.

My hdd recorder had picked up welsh stations and tv was tuned to English channels, retuned hdd as possibly causing conflict with tv.

Factory setting,  reset the tv,

Set to text/ graphics,

Accepted upgrade when shown on screen, all seems fine.

Thanks for the replies