Join now - be part of our community!

BR100 dongle

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
1sgeorge
Visitor

BR100 dongle

Can anyone tell me if I can wirelessly connect my Sony KDL40V5810 to the internet using the BR100 dongle.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

1sgeorge wrote:

Can anyone tell me if I can wirelessly connect my Sony KDL40V5810 to the internet using the BR100 dongle.

Hi 1sgeorge,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately your Bravia KDL-40V5810 is not an internet enabled model & is therefore not compatible with the UWA-BR100..:smileysad:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

1sgeorge wrote:

Hi 1sgeorge,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately your Bravia KDL-40V5810 is not an internet enabled model & is therefore not compatible with the UWA-BR100..:smileysad:

1sgeorge
Visitor

Thank you for replying and sorry I took so long to respond.  Could you let me know if it is possible to connect without having to use a cable.  I am a bit vague about this sort of thing.  Can I do it through a Blu Ray player or do I have to plug someting into the socket in the room where the tv is and the room where my router is?  I am very grateful for any help you can give.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

can you give us the model no. of the player please,

thanks

1sgeorge
Visitor

Hello

I haven't bought a Blu Ray player yet.  I thought this time I would ask for the information before buying the equipment.  Could you suggest something reasonably priced.

Thanks a lot.

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

ok, well the best player for your needs would probably be the BDP-S370 and at the very top end the BDP-S790 and obviously a few in between, the award winning BDP-S370 is a nice one, last years model but still available from outlets like Amazon etc, the BDP-S 390 is newer for this year and cheaper too.

its up to you but bear in mind the 370 requires a dongle for the internet whereas the 390 does not (wi fi built in).

there is a budget player but i took it out of contention so as not to confuse your needs.

hope that helps.

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923